Frustration
There is nothing more frustrating than having a child in pain and being unable to do anything to stop it.
Cory had been such a grump for the past few days. He was really ticking me off. My patience was a distance memory. And then last night he dropped the bomb. His girlfriend had broken up with him on Monday. I held my 16 year old baby in my arms while he cried and it was the greatest pain I have ever felt in my life. And I can't do anything to make it go away.
I looked online for advice on dealing with adolescent broken hearts. I learned that boys are more romantic that girls. They are more likely to have the "this is forever" stars in their eyes kind of feelings than girls are. As a result, breakups tend to hit them very hard. And the biggest mistakes you can make are: making light of it because of their age (I didn't) and offering unasked for advice (I mostly didn't...knowing this would be bad, but fumbling in the search for something to say and in the end offering a little advice...very little thank goodness)
Cory has decided to throw himself into soccer. While I am pleased because of my soccer fanaticism, my heart is still sore for my baby. I know that he will get through this, and he knows too. But the waiting is going to be rough.
Next frustration: The Loan. Which we are still approved for. We are still getting our refinance, but we have been at this for 2 months now!!! Our loan officer/associate/friend is taking his sweet time with this! We need it NOW! I have been without a car for a month!! I have soccer practices, team mom meetings, groceries, etc, etc. that I can't do! We have considered going and getting a car loan to be paid back after the refinance is final. We are going to have to do something because this is ridiculous. Barry is driving all over the valley, hundreds of miles a day doing appraisals in an old Honda Civic that is missing 4th gear. This is an absolute JOKE! I am sooooooooo frustrated! It's not as if everything isn't ready to go. It's not as if they have to get approval. Our loan officer just needs file the paperwork and make the arrangements. Seriously. That is it. Wouldn't you be furious? We have worked with him for years as his appraiser, but we will not be using him for personal loans ever again! GRRRRRRR!
Final Frustration: When will I feel creative again??? Every day I try. I try to do a layout. But nothing is coming together. So I don't even have my creative outlet to throw myself into to deal with the other frustrations.
OK enough whining.
Good things: Soccer has started. Cory wants to play. I have a roof over my head and food on the table. I have had lots of "me" time lately. Good friends. Willy is a good cuddler. Daisy started ELP and loved it. The Honda is barely running, but it is running. I have my faith. I'm not pregnant. My health is better, SpongeBob is still funny. I have my Foo Fighters Tickets. Nip/Tuck is coming back. Barry hasn't been snoring lately.
I feel better
3 comments:
I am sorry about CORY, but that is a part of growing up....
Your good things gave me a chuckle. I am with you on the "I'm not pregnant & Sponge Bob is still funny!" :)
I'm so sorry about C! You did a great job D! All you can do is be there for him. I'm glad you have so many blessings. I've been counting mine lately too!
Poor Cory. Give him a big hug from all of his virtual aunties!
love, me <><
Post a Comment