My New Favorite NSBR Website
Hey all you moms & teachers!!! I just found the coolest website Enchanted Learning has some awesomely cool stuff. I found it while looking up dinosaurs for the kids to color. It has some great crafts, educational tools and fun stuff like printable travel journals for kids. I am in LOVE with this site!!!! Check it out!
And if you already knew about it......neener neener :P
I have been working with the kids to get them ready for school. No, not school clothes. No, not supplies either. I am working on their soft gray matter, which has been atrophied by TV and video games. I should have been doing this all along, but.....well I'm definitely not Mother-of-the-Year! We have been reading and studying. Basically just stretching our mental muscles so the kids don't get hurt using them on the first day of school.
The computer is off-limits for games for awhile. The TV may only be tuned to edutainment. Books are encouraged as is study online. Cory has had HS orientation (which apparently was just an excuse to spend the day with the girlfriend LOL! ) And meet the teacher is coming up fast.
I suppose I should work on supplies and clothes, but I always wait. The kids got plenty of new clothes over the summer which are fine for school. I will get a few special outfits, especially for the first day. But since AZ weather is no different with the beginning of school than it has been all summer...there is no need to rush out and get new coats and pants and turtlenecks. And most of the supplies are provided by the school, or I have them around the house. I will wait till after meet the teacher and get the actual "list" from the teacher.
Ohhhh! Ya know what just hit me?!! Back to school means, new back to school scrapbooking! I think I will do what I did last year again, and list all of the things they remember from the first day. The kids just loved those pages! And Cory will have a "first day of high school" page. I hope to sneak a pic of him and the girlfriend ;)
Speaking of,,,,I have talked to her on the phone a few times when she has called for Cory. She is just a sweetheart! And she is really really polite! I like that in a teenager. Cory just came in to snag money from me to take her to the movies. I think that if he wants to continue this relationship...he will need a job. Or at minimum he'd better start cleaning the back yard which I asked him to do!
3 comments:
Enchanted Learning is awesome, isn't it? I loved it so much I actually subscribed to the full membership. I homeschool Luke so it really comes in handy! So glad you approve of the girlfriend -I am dreading that phase of life but thankfully we have a few years before it's upon us.
Great website! I have it bookmarked!
Registration for school is tomorrow. Here in Idaho it sucks....
I have to pay $80 for both Brittany & Whintney in middle school. Fees.... which I hate!
And my twins $18 each. And I have to buy supplies and new clothes.....
UGH!
I am poor this month!
But they are starting school!!!
I can't wait to see those pages! I love living vicariously through you. :)
love, me <><
Post a Comment