Sunday is EXHAUSTING!
Sunday always takes so much out of me.
I get up. Then I begin the long process of making sure everyone is up and getting ready for church. This may seem simple, but actually requires vast amounts of energy. There are the repeated runs up and down the stairs with needed items and to scream for the umpteenth time at Cory to get out of bed. There is the mad frantic searching for missing shoes. The inevitable last minute clothing change because some child decided to eat in Sunday clothes that are now soiled. I have to make sure that my lesson is ready and all of my supplies didn't walk away during the night. (They do that from time to time).
Off to church then. Always late. And usually missing at least one person who is not ready and has to walk. This only applies to Barry and the two oldest children. Then begins classtime. I teach the 5 year olds, and this years crop is especially active and needy. Most of my class time (50 minutes) today was spent trying to deal with the neediest child in the class. Then as we headed to sharing time, Needy child got mad that she wasn't first in line, and she stomped on the foot of another girl. Injured child then spent the entire 50 minutes of sharing time on my lap and wouldn't budge. Meanwhile, Needy child was fussing, and crying, and generally driving me nuts. The Primary Presidency took over for the last 15 minutes. I was asked if Needy child was always like this (new presidency that had never seen Needy child in action). I was hugged tight after I responded with a weary "yes".
Let me stop here, and explain that I love my work. I love all of these children dearly. Even Needy child. It has been so rewarding working in Primary for the last 7 years, and I wouldn't trade my time in Primary for anything. I was released from my calling 2 years ago, and I wandered the halls in tears for 2 months until I was brought back to teach. I am just explaining why I am exhausted. And putting it out there for Heavenly Father that this time, I don't think I would wander and cry if He has other plans for me outside of Primary ;)
End of church, and off to home. Where the children begin fighting. And fighting. And fighting some more. I printed up at least 50 coloring pages, which lasted them about 15 minutes. And they fought over the crayons while they colored.
Since it is Sunday, I can't send them off to play or swim. We strictly observe the Sabbath. But even if we didn't, everyone else here does. So they couldn't play with anyone even if I let them. I am really beginning to hate Sundays.
OK. I am done whining. I know that I should be grateful for so much. And I truly am. I am just saying that Sunday's wear me out!
3 comments:
dido at my house!!!
I totaly understand the SUNDAY MORNING Maddness!!!!
(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
This really made me chuckle, D. :)
love, me <><
Hi from France where a primary president is also exhausted every sunday. With a primary of 25 children,we, the presidency, have to teach a class each every sunday... plus sharing time and all the rest. No one eather to direct "faith in God" programm.So I do that too of course. This summer I whote a theatre play on J Smith, we are starting rehersals: I dot that too. The Stake takes some of our best people so they cant have callings in our ward. Its not fair, will I be able to handle much longer ????
I love my calling, last year I was 2nd counselorand when we were released I cried TOO ! Five minutes later I found out I was the new president! I am happy but getting physically tired !
Iranzu from Bordeaux, France
Post a Comment