Monday, August 22, 2005

On Assumptions

I assumed that when school started, I would have more time for me. So far....that has not been the case. Of course, it was just the first week, and this week is shaping up to be slower.

Barry suddenly had work for me to do. Which is not unreasonable considering that I was home alone with my distractions at school. But it was unexpected and really put a crimp in my "do nothing" time. And sleeping in was out, as I got up each morning to fix breakfast. And my evenings were filled with homework and chores, making dinner, enforcing bath and bed times, and going to bed early.

But I seem to be in the swing of things now. I even overslept today, and the kids got themselves off! (BAD MOM!!!) I slept until NOON! But considering that I had insomnia last night and couldn't sleep till 4 am I'm not feeling too guilty.

We have gotten approval on our refinance!!! Yayyy! I am getting a newer van, new airconditioning, a new dishwasher, Pergo on my floors, all of the unfinished remodeling jobs completed, landscaping done, the house painted, tile in the kitchen, new slipcovers for my furniture, a car for Barry, maybe a NICE vacation, and so much more! I made a list and prioritized it. I know we have gone crazy, but there is a LOT that needs to be done in the way of deferred maintenance. The refinance wasn't to get money for fun stuff. We have to get newer cars that will run (I have been without transportation for about a month now due to break-downs that were fixed only to break down the next day). No luxury items, just replacing all of the non-working items in the house and finishing the unpainted walls, replacing the stained and destroyed carpet, and getting my disaster area yard in shape.

Well, the possible vacation is a luxury item, but we deserve that. Our vacation was spent getting Barry out of jail. I have several ideas for places to go. Vegas is still a big option, or maybe SeaWorld or Disneyland. Also considering a cabin in the mountains somewhere. The Scrapping Convention isn't out, but I just found out that it occurs the weekend of October break from school. The kids are out the 13th & 14th, so I want to do something as a family. And as much as I want to go to the convention, I don't really want my kids with me there LOL! And Barry couldn't handle them in a hotel or sightseeing by himself. Home is one thing...they have separate rooms to be sent to, but traveling is hard enough with both of us!

So, this is where I am right now! Oh, and I am still losing weight....but it is going VERY slowly. However, I am not discouraged and have only had one binge day since starting. Then I got right back on the plan! Next summer will see me in a swimsuit! In public no less!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words for ya: GRANDMA'S HOUSE.

You've just gotta come to the convention! I need to meet my D to the C!! :)

love, me <><

janna said...

Congrats on the refinance!!!
& I totally understand deferring
costly maintenance!!!