Thursday, September 22, 2005

Corner Kick! Red!

That's what I'll sound like this weekend. Yes, today I am a referee. The most hated, demonized, criticized, and misjudged person on the soccer pitch. I got my flags, and my patch. The shirts aren't in yet. Our league ran out because so many new refs were trained this year. This is a good thing. We NEVER have enough refs. For years I have committed to take the class and recertify, but games/practices/life always got in the way. I have already exercised my knowledge too. Daisy's coach just called to find out if Daisy was coming to the game Saturday. Several of the girls are going to be gone, and the coach was trying to get a count. She wasn't sure if we could play with only seven players. As a ref, I was able to tell her that, yes we can. Seven is the minimum for games. And since we are playing short-sided games (half the field) we can even go lower.

I feel so omnipotent!!!

1 comment:

TheCatLord said...

i sure would like to see pics of you reffing!
have fun!!