Friday, September 02, 2005

Team Mom

I volunteered to be team mom on 3 of my kids teams. I ended up being TM for 2 of the teams, and helping out as needed on a 3rd. Cory's team has no mom, but I haven't had a chance to offer yet. I will though. See, if you are doing it for one team, it's not that much more to do it for other teams too. All you are doing is making snack schedules (easy) picking up uniforms, and picking up picture packets. This way I can feel like I have done my part without coaching. I was asked to coach this year, but I just wasn't up for it. I am considering refereeing though. I'll have to recertify but I could use the refresher course.

I had my TM meeting last night and picked up uniforms for my younger kids teams. I really like the new jerseys. No collars, and no ribbed neckbands either. I really like the clean lines of the new jerseys. I'm already looking forward to pictures LOL! And what incredible luck! I picked up Daisy's team uniform's first. And they are purple. Dark rich purple! Daisy's fave color. Then I picked up Em's. They are a violent hot pink...Em's fave color! Will's are a nice maroon, and I was thrilled that they weren't fluorescent green :) All the kids were pleased with the colors. I didn't get a chance to look at Cory's though. His are probably blue, as he has had blue or gray every year since he was eight and I didn't see any gray. But watch them turn out to be that awful green!

Games begin next week. The younger kids are all at the soccer complex, but Cory will be traveling valley-wide. It's going to be hard trying to decide who's game to miss when they conflict. I can run from game to game at the soccer complex, but Cory's will be all over. The obvious answer is to stay with the younger kids, but Cory feels that he plays his best when I am there. It's a superstition thing. I even have to hang around when he goes to tryouts for travel team or the school team. And Barry doesn't do soccer. At all. Never. I am hoping he will change his mind. But even then, he frequently works on Saturday. On the plus side....he may be working near where Cory is playing so he can pop in there. Always look on the sunny side!

And speaking of sunny sides. Apparently Barry had talked to our loan officer. Our loan was supposed to come out of underwriting yesterday!!!! WWoooHooo! We were supposed to find out what if any conditions there are (things to pay off, fix, etc.) Once we have payoff info on any bills and any fixes are made (fixes unlikely, payoffs expected) then we can sign the papers and fund! We are close...so close I can smell the leather seats on the van I have picked out!!!

I was going to get another Dodge. But Barry is on a HUGE Honda kick right now, and he has a trusted Honda mechanic. So he has asked me if I am willing to get an Odyssey instead. And I am. I found one that is beautiful. I know it will be gone before I get the money, but others will come available.

I am truly a soccer mom. LOL!

2 comments:

janna said...

How fun! I am excited for you!!!
~ABOUT THE SCOCER STUFF& THE LOAN THAT IS ALMOST FINISHED!!!

((((hugs))))

TheCatLord said...

i have three kids playing soccer and dh is coaching all three- he managed to get devyn moved up from u-8 to u-10 so that he wouldn't have to coach 3 teams! but i commend you for being the team mom. i am not that together!