Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! The concert was so un-freakin-believably AWESOME!!! BEST CONCERT EVER!!!!! Barry couldn't go, so I took Cory instead. We got to the arena, got our "$5 a bottle" waters, and found our seats.
After a little wait, the warm-up band came on. Warm-up bands almost always suck! Well, not this time. The group was Kaiser Chiefs from England. If you or your kids are into punk....this is a GREAT BAND! Very 80's style new-wave/punk. Cory and I were totally enjoying them. According to Dave, (and if you don't know who I mean by Dave...please refer to my profile pic) this group is huge in England and totally unknown here. Well, I really hope they get to be known.
At the intermission, I sent Cory to buy himself a T-shirt, while I went to the bathroom. In the bathroom, I saw a girl that I used to work with at Chase Bank. She and I had hit it off, in spite of the 15 year difference in our ages, because we love the same music. It was nice to see her again.
Back to our seats and on came Weezer. WOOOOOOWWWW!!!!! IT WAS GOOD!!!! Oh my gosh! They were so great! When they sang 'Say It Ain't So'.....oh wow! In the middle of the song, the backdrop changed to a starry sky scene and it was breathtaking. They sang a cover of 'Big Me' since they are touring with Foo. Very cool! For the 'Sweater Song' they pulled a girl out of the audience to play guitar. All in all, if I had gone just to see Weezer, it would have been a fantastic and fully satisfying show.
But I didn't go just to see Weezer, did I?
And out they came, the curtain dropping as they play 'In Your Honor'. First thing you see is Dave wailing on the guitar. Then he is running all over the stage, The man has almost as much energy as he has talent. Well, it was just the best show. Dave was singing 'Up in Arms' after chugging some beer. And right in the middle of the song, he honks off this huge BURP! It was hysterical. Trust me on this. He did his usual run through the audience. Some jackass got in front of him with a pen. Security put an end to that. And then came 'Everlong'. This was almost a religious experience. Dave alone on stage doing the slow version. As he is singing the chorus, the ENTIRE arena was singing along. And yes, we always do, but usually we are all screaming along with Dave who is a great screamer. But this time, it was slow. It was sweet. It was pretty. And we all sang in harmony. It was the most incredible concert experience of my life. And then back into the rocking. Foo was in magnificent form. For the encore..'Cold Day in the Sun'. I have been waiting 15 years for the opportunity to see Dave on drums live. I kid you not,,,,I wept. If you have the chance to go to this show, take it. You will not regret it. As a matter of fact...they are going to be in Philly on the 13th of October. All of you going to the convention....take the time to catch this show. I am planning on going again when they are in Long Beach. We are taking all of the kids.
And after the show. I had a surprise waiting for me. Barry had gotten me a hotel room. He had stocked it with food, soda, books, candles around the tub, flowers, new jammies, nail polish. Just everything a woman could possibly want. And I got to stay there while he got all of the kids off to school. I soaked in the tub. My aching danced out muscles needed that! I munched on munchies. I watched TV. And I slept in. Wasn't that the sweetest thing?
He also went and bought my van yesterday. We are still waiting for our payout, but he got the dealer to hold my van. It's mine!!!! It's a blue-gray 1999 Honda Odyssey. It's beautiful! I am so thrilled. I can't wait for my danged check to get here so I can go pick up my car!!!!!
Well, it's been a full 24 hours around here :)
3 comments:
How utterly, stupendously awesome! I got goosebumps and misty-eyed reading your concert play-by-play...not sure why, but here I am with reddish eyes. SOOO happy you got to go, and what a fabulous man you have. Yep, I'd say The Barry has redeemed himself. :) (I know it's not your style of muzak, but I'm still trying to find a date to go to Jason Mraz with me.)
Whitney says Cory is HOT.....
I am listening to Weezer right now...... :)
& How exciting!!! I am glad you had a great time and Barry is the man!!!!
Thanks for the mail too!!!
((HUGS ))
Janna
Oh how cool!!!!! Sounds like an awesome show. You are so lucky!!!!
Post a Comment