I've Been Tagged!
Maya has tagged me! So here are a few things about me: 37 for my age.
1. I think Clive Owen is the hottest man on the earth. And George Clooney is a close second. But if I had the chance to be with them, I wouldn't because I love my husband.
2. I value kindness and honesty, but not honesty in lieu of kindness.
3. I used to hate fish, and now I love it.
4. If I won the lottery, I would divide it evenly with my mother and my sister.
5. I almost never drink water.
6. My first job was giving change in an arcade.
7. The movie 'The Color Purple' is guaranteed to make me cry.
8. I am a skilled sharpshooter.
9. When I was in high school, I participated in numerous archaeology digs, and planned to be an archaeologist.
10. I suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder, and find being around people excruciatingly painful. But sometimes I force myself because I know it's important to have human contact.
11. I broke up with my high school sweetheart 3 weeks before our wedding and have lived with guilt ever since then. But I know it was the right choice.
12. I grew up thinking my heritage was Irish and English. But through research found out that I am Native American, African American, English and German in that order. But I look like my English ancestors.
13. I think the most beautiful sight in the whole wide world is my children's smiles.
14. I love to camp.
15. I am convinced that God drives a 1964 & 1/2 red mustang. But only on Sundays.
16. I can't stand the heat. But I live in the desert.
17. I have never been to New York City, and really have no desire to go.
18. I have been sober since September 15, 1990.
19. I believe that Dave Grohl is the most talented musician of my generation.
20. I was drawn to my husbands sense of humor first. But most people don't get him. The fact the I "got" him drew him to me.
21. I am a total Trek fan, but I cannot stand Captain Kirk. Picard is the man.
22. I was in the Future Farmers of America, but I kill any plant I touch.
23. I love British humor. From the sophisticated like Gosford Park to the silly like Benny Hill.
24. My son is one of my best friends. And vice versa.
25. Someday, I WILL go to Ireland.
26. I am very proud of the fact that I could survive quite easily in the wilderness. If civilization crashed tomorrow, I would be just fine.
27. I have moved 26 times in my life, but have lived in the same house for the last 10 years
28. I was teased in school because we were so poor. For a long time I was very status conscious. I got over it.
29. My husband hates "women drivers". Except for me, because I drive better than most men.
30. My aggressive driving style has gotten me pulled over because police think I am trying to get away from them.
31. I sang a song from Rocky Horror Picture show for my Jr High chorus audition.
32. I can't run. I just can't. I get two feet and my chest hurts. But I can walk for hours without getting tired.
33. The last time I went to an aerobics class (beginners class), the instructor gave me a handout to practice at home because I was so uncoordinated. I now prefer yoga.
34. I am that idiot in the car next to you who is using the steering wheel for drums and banging her head.
35. Having online friends has been life altering for me, because I don't feel as uncomfortable around them.
36. I have some hearing loss in my left ear from being hit there repeatedly many years ago.
37. My goal in life is to be nice. Plain and simple. Just be nice.
I am tagging Cardee....so Carla....you are it!
10 comments:
Hahaha! You had me at Clive Owen (sigh...) and sealed the deal with Gosford Park! Loved reading this Dena! :) You're so interesting!
BrownieAnn
:) Dena! So nice to learn more about you. I'm laughing about Rocky Horror Picture show, but am sad you don't want to come visit us in New York! :)
I agree with the George Clooney thing. OHHHH
& I do the drumb thing on the steering wheel too!!!
Thanks for the fun info!!
Number 21: You and me. We WILL visit Star Trek the Experience whenever you haul your family up here for vacation.
We LOVE eating at Quark's Bar! Our favorite meal's? I love Sisko's Sausage Jambalaya (which they've recently renamed "Petrokian Sausage Jambalaya", Jesse always orders the Talaxian Turkey Wrap, and Josh loves the Hamborger. And of course, we always share the Holy Rings of Betazed before our meal!
Oh...and if you're thinking I made all that up, go check it out for yourself:
http://www.startrekexp.com/restaurant.php
Great list Dena! Thank you so much for playing. I love learning all of these fun little details which seem to reveal more about our personalities than we might know.
I was a Rocky Horror fan myself, by the way.
I laughed and I ooohed at your comments. I learned things I would never ever have guessed about you! Thanks so much for sharing and being so honest... it makes me feel like I'm not so alone too. Fabulous Rebel!
I laughed and I ooohed at your comments. I learned things I would never ever have guessed about you! Thanks so much for sharing and being so honest... it makes me feel like I'm not so alone too. Fabulous Rebel!
I'm sorry D! I haven't been able to blog read for a couple of days. I'll think about this, and post for tomorrow's entry, OK? I'm so honored to be tagged by the Deanster! I'm going to read through your stuff when I get back home!
I love these type of entries! TFS your heart with us, D to the C.
love, me <><
Post a Comment