100 Yards of Ribbon
I am making the hair decorations for the girls soccer teams. I actually volunteered to do this. It's pretty easy. But it is very time consuming. And I kept putting it off, and now pictures are tomorrow. I have to have these ready by 8am. Ideally I would like to have them done tonight so I can deliver them before the girls do their hair.
So I have 100 yards of ribbon. 40 in black, 30 in pink, and 30 in purple. I am thinking of going to Sprawlmart and getting some soccer ball ribbon also. Currently, I am cutting the ribbon into 4.5" lengths. Then I will tie several lengths around a hair elastic. Trust me, they look cute when I am done. What I really like about making these though, is that it requires no skills at all.
When I went to get the ribbon, I was sadly surprised. My ribbon store, "Ruffler's Roost", was gone! I LOVED this store, even though I didn't get to go very often. There were aisles and aisles of spool upon spool of ribbon. I could always get exactly what I needed. Instead, I had to go to Hancock Fabrics (which was my fave store for patterns when I still sewed). They have almost NO ribbons there any more. There was 1 rack of solids. And 1 small rack of patterned. BORING! But beggars can't be choosers.
But they did have the most ADORABLE scrapbooks! Since I don't print anymore, I never look. I may have to get these though. They look like little purses in funky colors. They were just darling.
Well, I have been inspired by Janna's example. At least in part. I am going to start sewing again. I always loved to sew, but my scrapbooking edged out all of my other hobbies. Like sewing, woodworking, ceramics. I used to do a lot more than I do now. But I am going to sew. I LOVED to sew when I was younger. But I haven't done it in so long, I am going to need an idiot-proof machine. And maybe a refresher class at Hancock. My current machine never worked right. Barry got it for me before we married. It's a VERY nice, older Elna machine. It just doesn't seem to like me. And I still have my serger. It likes me just fine. I even made Easter dresses for my girls using just my serger alone a couple of years ago. So Santa.....this is #1 on my list this year. A nice computerized sewing machine.
Or at least the cheap Brother's machine at Sprawlmart. It looks pretty good to me!
1 comment:
I know what type of bows you are making.... I have made them too...
Have your girls help :)
I have the $89 Brother from Sprawlmart, but I call it WAL*FART.
I would love the top of the line one, but that is the last thing on my list..... of things to buy.....
Or even a serger. (don't have one)
Post a Comment