Monday, October 10, 2005

Home, but Not Available

We went to my Dad's over the weekend. The kids and I did. Barry went to El Paso to get his car. It was being delivered from Lufkin TX. I had a nice visit with the family. I bought my sis an early Christmas present. The cheapest Brother's sewing machine (which is marked down even cheaper right now) and which I also bought for myself on Friday. My sister has already used it to hem pants. I figure, if she with her 1 semester of Home Ec can figure it out, then I with 4 years of home-ec and tons of sewing experience prior to scrapbooking taking over my life, can surely manage to sew something. I am looking forward to it. I took sis and Dad out to lunch. We went to a buffet, which is usually not my thing. But this place had GOOD food. It's the Golden Corral in Safford Arizona. If you ever pass through, the potatoes both sweet and mashed, are the best. And the rolls with the honey-butter spread.....OH MY HEAVEN'S. The only bad part was that I didn't ask for the senior discount for Dad. It never even occurred to me, but the old man is really old enough for that!

Barry did pass through Duncan on his way to El Paso. He dropped off one of our old Civics for my BIL, and then got my sis to take him to the bus stop in Lordsburg NM (30 minutes from her house). He then ended up in El Paso at 8pm on Saturday night & hung out in his hotel. The hotels claim to fame is that John Dillinger stayed there 2 weeks before he was killed. My dh loves the old hotels with the neon signs that are older than God. I do also to be honest. They are fun sometimes. As long as they are clean and updated! Barry had to come back through Duncan on his way home, so I waited for him Sunday. Then we drove home together. He tried to race me with his new car. It's a '92 Civic with an Acura Integra motor (B-18 V-Tec) and is set up for street racing. I am calling the car "Mid-life Crisis". I will allow the car, but no bimbo's or bad hairpieces! Anyway, he tried to race me. But he didn't realize that my van has turbo overdrive. He did know, however, that racing me on the backroads of the small town where I learned to drive (and race for that matter) put him at a disadvantage. I got my van up to 110 MPH up a hill in a high wind before I backed off and let him pass. If my car weighed less like Barry's does....he would still be eating my dust. Yes, I know....this is the redneck in me showing. LOL!!!

We got about and hour out of Duncan and decided to drive another hour then stop in Globe for the night. I realize that Mesa was just over an hour past that, but we didn't want to take chances by driving too tired. We got a room (another old hotel) and got the family suite. The owner thought he was overcharging us when he quoted the price, which was still less than the crappiest room at a Day's Inn for example. And we had 3 beds in two rooms! No one had to sleep on the floor. We relaxed and watched Nip/Tuck before bed. We being Barry and I in our own room of course. The kids watched Monster's Inc.

And WOW to Nip/Tuck!!! My jaw was on the floor. Can they really do that on broadcast TV???? I mean, honestly!!!!! That qualified as soft core porn!! I was blushing! Of course I didn't turn it off. I guess that makes me bad! LOL!

So now I am home. But, even though I am home, I'm not available. I am trying to get all of my work done before Disneyland so that I don't have to worry about deadlines when I get back. So far I have about a half of my work done and either uploaded or ready to upload. I also have a lot of cleaning and laundry to do to get ready. So I probably won't be around much till after my vacation. But I will miss you all bunches!!!

Oh, and I got the hair ribbons done. They looked great and the girls really loved them. All of the kids did well at their games Saturday. 3 wins and a tie. Daisy scored a goal. She was thrilled. Everyone got their soccer pics taken. And a friend of Cory's hitched a ride with us afterward to Thatcher (which is on the way to Duncan). The friend had to stay home because of the games and pics while the rest of the family was in Thatcher to see the newest family member. Cory's friend is a first time Uncle. It was nice to be able to take him there to be with everyone. I love my neighborhood. Most of the people who live here have ties to my home valley. Which of course makes home feel more like home. And it's nice to pretend that we are a small town inside of a large city. Cuz I HATE the city. As soon as my kids are grown, and I don't have to worry about the quality of their educations (the school at home isn't so good) I am moving home! Barry's family settled Duncan 100+ years ago, so even though he has never lived there, he considers it home too. We can't wait to live there!

OK...I am done now. Good night!

2 comments:

janna said...

It sounds like you had a good weekend!! And thanks for the good "read" this morning!
Did you see my aunt in Globe? LOL
The smallest town ever. Dose Globe still have only one stop light??

Have fun in Disneyland!!!
HUGS My Friend!
Janna

Anonymous said...

Glad it was a good weekend! Aren't you ever the doll to buy your sister a sewing machine?!?! I'll have to get going on mine again... you made me miss it!

and the potatoes at the restaurant? oooh that's my very favourite of all! Iffen I'm ever through there I'll be sure to stop in and enjoy me a few of those! I'll tell 'em Rebel sent me! haha