Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Throbbing

Oh...this is my own blasted fault. I went a little crazy the past 2 weeks drinking caffeine again. Now I have a migraine. I woke up this morning and the migraine is still here. I'm going back off the sauce so to speak. I had done really well not drinking caffeine and nutra-sweet, but during my vacation and since then, I have had a lot to drink. And now I am paying the price. I am going to the store this morning to get 1 diet Dr Pepper. And I am going to start weaning myself again.

In answer to your question Becky, these are some of the other things I have tried. Herbal remedies like gingko biloba and grapeseed. Behavior modification - I read a whole book on dealing without medication and tried the various methods. The only one I remember well though was the water treatment. Water is soothing and calming to a child with ADD (well, for all of us) so when they get unruly or unfocused one is supposed to run the child's hand through water. I actually still do this one because it does work, but we can't spend our lives putting our hands in the water every 5 minutes :)

I am trying to get my kids out the door to school. They are fighting, playing the "I'm sick card" or the "I have nothing to wear" angle. None will work. They are all going to school, and I am going back to bed!

3 comments:

janna said...

I never thought of the WATER to be a calming techneic. But then, I remembered, when my twins were a babies I would turn on the kitchen sink and they would magically be quiet.
Get feeling better....

janna said...

forgive my spelling...

ZeeLV said...

So sorry to hear about your caffeine-induced throbbing. Hope you're feeling better soon!