41

41 loads of laundry done. Haven't done the linens yet. But we did do 41 loads of clothes. I lost count of the number of trash bags filled with stained, hopeless, ratty clothes that I threw out. But Mount Washmore, is no more. My closets are filled. The kids have clothes in drawers, not sitting on the couch awaiting folding (but never quite making it to the kids rooms and ending up on the floor and back in Mount Washmore.) I ache everywhere. And I came home to find that there were several loads of clothes that didn't come out of hiding until I left. But....I can handle it. We got 7 of the tall soft-sided laundry baskets to sort clothes. And smaller soft sided baskets for each of the kids rooms, so they have someplace to put dirty clothes before bringing them to the big baskets for sorting. I think I can do it this time. I really feel like I have a handle on things. Now, for this week my goals are to A. keep up with the daily laundry needs and B. whittle away at the linen pile. The dry cleaning and handwashing needs to be done too, but I am taking baby steps here. That is a future goal.
Now I am showered and wearing clean clothes as I sit down to enjoy a bit of Foo. These are some of life's simple pleasures. Clean clothes and Foo on TV!
EDIT: I stand corrected. Barry informed me that it was 47 loads. He would know...he took over the washing while I did the drying and folding.
3 comments:
I've been meaning to get over here and take a read at your blog! Sigh...You are EXACTLY like me in the laundry dept...difference is you did something about it!! Good for you~now (as I sit here surrounded by laundry baskets and a pile of mis-matched socks on the floor) guess I'm inspired to get my butt up and to the laundry room:) Have a good Sun. You deserve a break today!
Darn those six extra loads Barry discovered!! I was going to leave a clever comment involving the phrase "Sum 41" but now the number's all wrong. Oh well.
Let see 41 loads time .75 cents??
You GO GIRL!!!
Get feeling better too
Post a Comment