Sunday, November 13, 2005

Chronic Bronchitis

Not going to church today. Not doing anything. Like some evil self-fulfilling prophecy, the bronchitis I feared has come to settle. In my lungs. I hope though, that it is just a cold or something. I can't take bronchitis again. Last go around (Jan thru March of 04) I was desperately ill. And just when I thought I was getting better, I was struck with pleurisy. My lungs haven't fully recovered from that. I hope this is a cold and I will feel better in a few days.

But I am not going count on it. As always with my bronchitis, it comes on FAST after I am exposed to dust or chemicals. And the fever always comes on fast and high too. I was reasonable well an hour and a half ago, just feeling a little blah. Now, I can't breath and I am burning up.

Any smokers out there with kids..Please smoke outside. I know it seems silly, but the best way for a non-smoker to have chronic bronchitis is to be the child of a smoker. I'm not going to get on a soapbox, I say live and let live. But...please minimize your child's exposure. This is not fun to go through year after year.

Regardless of the risks I knew I was taking by diving into the dusty laundry pile.....I am still thrilled to have my laundry done.

1 comment:

janna said...

Get feeling better DENA, and make sure you get an RX!!!

(((HUGS)))
Janna

I like your new header too
"Acid trip DENA" LOL :)