Chemical Warfare
I woke up this morning to a wonderful event! Willy had managed to knock over a bottle of bleach on the laundry room floor. The lid came off the bottle and bleach was everywhere. Of course the floor wasn't clean, so there were clothes that were bleached (fortunately it was mostly white socks). And the spill was huge. It was a lake of bleach. I started trying to clean it, but the bleach was overpowering. I couldn't stay close for more than a few seconds before my lungs were aching (very very bad with my chronic bronchitis and asthma) and my eyes were burning. I threw some towels down and just came back to wipe for a few seconds whenever I could catch my breath. I finally gave up and went to get Barry. We looked online and found that vinegar will neutralize bleach so he put some vinegar down and finished wiping for me. Barry thinks that the bleach was reacting with either some chemical underneath the linoleum floor or with something else that may have spilled prior. It seems to be better now, but there is still a hint of bleach in the air. And my lungs don't feel well. I hope I don't get sick from this!
School pictures came yesterday, and soccer pics last weekend (still don't have the girls though cuz they didn't go to their games) The school pics are ok. I was expecting terrible pics because I forgot about picture day and the kids weren't "fixed up". I like how they turned out though. The pictures really "look" like my kids. KWIM? I feel bad for one boy in Daisy's class though. They kids were posed in the library, oh excuse me, the media center where the shelves are topped with books and stuffed bears. Well, this poor kid was placed for the class pic in such a way, that one of the stuffed bears is right behind him. It's a big bear with big feet. The feet make it look like the kid is either wearing Mickey ears or has huge bear ears himself. It is the funniest thing to see! LOL! I'll make sure to point this out when I do a LO and to make sure to blur the face only and leave the ears.
I wasn't going to scrap the school pics because I usually have a hard time with them. But I am using the sketch from the 9/05 CK to do them, and I think they will look ok. I may even go back and do the older pics too to make a school picture book. Maybe. We'll see.
2 comments:
Sounds like something that happens at my house.....
You are smart to looks on the net.
I am glad it is cleaned up.
And the white socks will really be white....
My DH decided to mix blaech and a floor clearner once and about died...
Ok I can spell....
Post a Comment