Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Coming Down from the Sugar Buzz

All that build up, and now it's over. And I have tons of candy to tempt me from healthy eating. We had a good time last night. Will was scared out of his pants when he went through the haunted house. I didn't go in. Not my cuppa tea. I don't get scared, but I HATE being startled. The fight or flight instinct kicks in and then I have all of this adrenaline and nowhere to go with it. So I get antsy and I hate that. My friend Sue took her son & mine, and poor thing! she had to drag the boys through in tears. This haunted house is set up in a neighbors garage and he has done it for years. It is HUGE and people come from all over to go through. This was the first year they have charged money though, but it was for the juvenile diabetes foundation so it was worth the $2. The haunted house brings so many trick-or-treaters to the neighborhood. I was shocked to see cabs pulling up and dropping people off. Poor Daisy, she got separated from us, and so just went home. But Barry called me right when I was talking to her friends, so we got them all back together. Emily went ALONE this year. She and her friend Taylor did both girls neighborhoods. Fortunately, since we are a friendly area and we all know each other and we all hang out on lawn chairs to pass out candy, I was able to keep tabs on her without her knowing. That way she felt independent. And I didn't worry. Halloween really shows my neighborhood at it's best. Everyone gets along on this one night of the year (well, except for us and the butt-head next door but that is a lost cause). We all have a good time chatting and visiting. The Wold sisters had candy for the kids and dips, crackers and water for the parents. The kids love seeing everyone out and all of their friends costumes. It's just nice. Even the LDS missionaries got into it. They had a table out with suckers for the kids. It was too cute :) Of course, afterward is fun of a different nature, That is when the older kids come out and begin the pumpkin kidnappings. It started off with the kids taking them and smashing them on the streets. But now, they just kidnap them and place them in front of the wrong houses. Nice harmless pranks. I'm glad to see this rather than destruction from the teens. Cory didn't participate though. Because he was driving. We always go to my mom's so she can see the costumes after the kids are done trick-or-treating. Funny how Cory is so willing to do what he is supposed to now, when driving is at stake!

2 comments:

janna said...

Bob put our Jack-o-lantern's into the garage, last night. LOL!!!

Smashing them is part of Halloween...

ZeeLV said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome night! :)