Yard Sales, Lumpiness, and Stuffing.
My mom is doing a yard sale on Saturday, and I am joining her. The only problem is, as I go around my house....instead of finding treasures, I am finding garbage. I thought about it, if I had wonderful things lying around unused, then why would I be living in garbage??? But, there is good here. As I look for things to sell, I am going through boxes and piles around the house. And the piles are going away, because I am throwing most of this stuff out. I may not get any money, but I am getting all kinds of freed space in my house. And just in time for Christmas
I still feel kind of lumpy today. I did some scrapping yesterday and that felt good. I did a little cleaning too. But I feel lumpy. I think it is because my sleep schedules are all screwed up. Either I am sleeping too much, or not enough every night. I may just take a nap today.
I still need to get Cory's birthday presents. He wants beanbag chairs. Do you know how much a stupid sack with some pellets in it costs these days? Yikes! To get a decent size and reasonably full chair, it costs $100+ dollars. I have found a few cheaper at Target, so I am going to check these out. There are some that are really cheap,$29, but I wonder about durability and comfort in them.
Does it feel like Christmas to you yet? I am not feeling it. I can't even blame the weather this year because we are having a cold snap. It's getting down into the 60's during the day! BRRRRRRR!! We had to put away our shorts! And our flip-flops! And the heater is on! But, no Christmas spirit. I wrapped gifts yesterday. Still nothing. Maybe tomorrow. I will begin reading from the Christmas book. It's a book filled with a different Christmas story, song and scripture for every night from December 1 to December 24. We made them at church years ago. I covered my book with fabric, and I used to give them out as gifts each year. Now....too much trouble :) I give out frames and cookies and popcorn. Bah HUMBUG!!!
2 comments:
A cheaper way to fill bean bag chairs is to use packing peanuts.
Go to the UPS Store and you can bye it by the pound.
And it works great.....
LUMPY here too, but it is really cold. 27 degrees....
Oh, SHUDDDUP!! 'It got down in the 60s' my butt!! It's freakin' 20 degrees here with a windchill in the single digits!! :P
love, me <><
Post a Comment