2005 Year in Review
What a year this has been!!! So many ups and downs and loopedy loops.
Barry was arrested and I had to go to Yuma to bail him out.
Daisy was baptized.
I joined Maya's Creative Team.
I went to Flagstaff with other scrappers to do a segment of Extreme Home Makeover. In the process, I saw Ty's buttcrack.
Daisy learned to swim.
We finally refinanced our house.
I went to see the Foo Fighters and Weezer.
Cory began driving.
Gladys the van joined our family.
We went to Disneyland.
I decided to go back to school.
Willy started all-day school.
Even though I joined the SBB Design Team in 12/04, I really didn't start rolling until 1/05....so we will count it for this year.
Barry went to work for another company, then that ended, and has now partially begun again.
Mom moved to Duncan.
I was hired to work for the elementary school.
Emily joined EVERYTHING at school, the paper, orchestra, chorus....she is like I was in high school :)
Cory started high school.
I was released after some 6 years as a Primary worker at church. This time....I didn't cry.
I made some wonderful friends online.
My dear friend Jackie's divorce was finalized, and she moved to North Carolina.
And of course....I conceived a child when I wasn't supposed to be able to.
So, there you have it. My year in review. More stuff happened. I am sure that I forgot a lot. Stuff that seemed hugely significant at the time is now an unremembered speedbump on the road of life. But this is what comes to mind right now. In all, it was a good year. Yes, even Barry's arrest had some benefits in the end. Truly!! it did. I learned a lot this year. Mostly, I learned a lot about me. This was a year of self-discovery. I like what I discovered. I learned to like myself a little more this year. I learned to trust my instincts more. I learned that Heavenly Father does things in his time, not mine. So just sit back and let life happen without trying to change everything and force things that just aren't going to be. I learned to go with the flow. Everything is not black and white. There are shades of gray, and I need to acknowledge the gray, work with the gray, and understand the gray. See....this was a year of self-discovery and growth.
What will next year be? I'm not making any resolutions this year. I never stick to them and then I have to deal with the guilt and disappointment that I didn't stick to it. So instead of making resolutions, I will make one commitment. Next year, I will try to be the best me that I can. I will take each day as it comes, and go from there. If I make a mistake, I will acknowledge it, and move on. As long as each day, I try to be a good person, and the best me I can, then I haven't failed.
3 comments:
What a great year Dena!!!
Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Love ya!
Janna
Sounds like you had a great year Dena! Hope you have many happy memories in 2006!
What a year huh??? Loved your recap~sounds like your year was really pretty good with the best coming in at the end;) Hope 2006 brings you and your family the best:D Happy Birthday!!!!
Post a Comment