All Alone
Well it's over. Mom is gone. I wasn't much help as I threw my back out again. So I made sure to buy lunch for everyone and carry light stuff. I tried to keep going with the heavy stuff until I dropped my end of a dresser. The U-Haul was packed, and off Mom went.
And now I am all alone. It's been 20 years since I moved back to Mom. And now I have no one here. I am WAAAAAYYYYY depressed right now. I knew it would be rough, but watching the back of Mom's truck as she drove away was a heart-breaker.
No family here. No one to come to school plays, and games, and church events. Holidays will be lonely unless I drive to Duncan. And sometimes, that just isn't possible. No stops at Mom's house on Easter and Halloween to show off the dresses and costumes. No trips to Mom's house to get some peace from my children or to bitch about my husband.
What am I going to do? I'm a big girl, but you are never too old to not miss and need your Mommy. I miss mine already.
2 comments:
(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))
I totally understand. My mom lives 900 miles away, and if I am lucky, I get to see her for a few days each year!
Thank goodness for the telephone. She calls me every Thursday night!
((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
(((((hugs))))) I really really feel for you Dena. I've always wanted what you had for my family. Guess that's why we're such a tight little group in this house!
Post a Comment