Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hard at Work

And I do mean HARD! I started my new job yesterday. I thought I would be standing on the playground for a few hours. WRONG! As an aide, I also have to help in the lunchroom. I have to help set up the tables, clean up messes, help open milks, and wash the tables. After lunch then we take down the tables and put them away (I am excused from this work due to my pregnancy) and then sweep the floor. I felt fine while I was doing this. I thought, "gee, I can do this". Then when I got home, I crashed. HARD! I slept for awhile, and when I woke up....my shoulder was out of place. So I had Barry go to the store and get some adhesive heat pads for my neck and shoulder. This helped. But I still ache.

Yesterday, my classes started. Thank goodness they are online, because I didn't even look at the classwork yesterday. Fortunately, I had already previewed the assignments and I know I don't have anything due until tomorrow. I will do some work this evening. I also have parent-teacher conferences today, and Daisy has a dental appointment.

I think I may have bitten of more than I can chew!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. Woman you have to pace yourself. Especially now. I can only imagine how tired you are. Starting anything new that you're not used to can do that but especially when you're pregnant on top of it. Pace. Say it with me... "pace".

Jo said...

WOW!! I'll bet you're tired!! Are you feeling better though?? I agree with Mary Fran. Pace yourself kiddo:)

janna said...

What an exciting & busy time in your life!!! (Try not to lift anything heavy)

HUGS Janna

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself! Sounds like there's A LOT on your plate! We're thinking of and pulling for you!

ZeeLV said...

Gosh, I hope you're feeling better! Perhaps once you get into the swing of things, it'll seem to be easier. After all, you're starting three new things at the same time: baby, job & school. Do they make Wonder Woman maternity outfits? Take it easy and hang in there. Hugs!