Thursday, January 05, 2006

She or Not She...That is the Question

Is she a she, or am I wayyyyyyy off base. I have no way of knowing yet, as her/his little bits and pieces still need to grow in. But I have a STRONG feeling that this is a girl. My feelings were right on the money with Em, Daisy, and Will. But, totally wrong with Cory. Oh, well. That was my first pregnancy, and I didn't understand how to read my feelings then. Some mother's just know. And I feel like this is young Abigail Cooper, AKA Abby. I've thought about boy names, but Barry and I can't agree on anything. And it doesn't stress me to not have a boy name, because I don't think I will need it LOL!

Of course, I could be wrong. With Cory, then known as Amanda, I found out at my second ultra-sound when I was 7 months along that Amanda had an extra appendage. I hadn't asked the gender with my first ultra-sound. I was naive and didn't want to know before the birth. Didn't ask at the second either, but the doctor burst in after the ultra-sound and made the big announcement. After I got over my anger at the doc, and adjusted to the color blue :) I was very happy to be having a boy. And goodness knows that I wouldn't trade Cory for any girl in the world. I also finally agreed with my mother...I can be just as surprised at the ultra-sound as I would be at birth. With this baby, I will also have a second, later in pregnancy, ultra-sound or possibly an amnio, and I find out for certain the baby's gender.

So, I may be wrong about having a girl this time. But I don't think so. Anyone want to place some money on this??? LOL!!!

And in non-baby news -and you will all be more than sick of my baby before too long ;) - Cory was officially invited to the Winter Formal by McKenzie. He was awakened by a phone call at 1 am the other night, and there was this sign, lots of tea light candles, and a little bit of toilet papering. I ran into Kenzie's best friend's mom (who helped them) and she told me they didn't do more TP'ing because they could see Barry in the front room watching TV. But Barry had been totally oblivious to what was going on! I found the leftovers the next morning when I went to the doctor. And of course I ran for my camera! Now, I am busy getting Cory ready for this. I am getting him a new suit, and teaching him to dance. Not that I can dance, but a slow shuffle I can manage and will teach him. I also do a mean Texas 2-step, but I don't see him doing any Western style dancing LOL! I am going to help him pick a restaurant and get reservations. He is doubling with a friend who will drive. And me........I am drooling over the upcoming scrapbooking opportunity!!!

6 comments:

janna said...

How cool and fun for Cory!!!
You sould do my all time favorite way to reply. Make a toilet cake and write on tp, I'd love to "GO" with you.... I can email you the instruction.

The "SHE's" rule in our house....

Anonymous said...

I bet you're right! It'll be fun to see down the road if you are. How fun that you got the photo of that sign! Hope they have fun at the dance!

Jodi said...

Wow! Teenagers sure do things differently now than when I was a teen! Very cool!

As for the gender of your new baby...I think a little girl would be perfect! :) And I LOVE the name you chose. I actually pride myself in being right most of the time about guessing the sex of babies for my friends and family. I either have a really strong feeling or none at all, and when I have that strong feeling, I'm almost always right! :)

Craft Tea Lady said...

I was right w/ a couple of my kids, but the last one... he was RACHEL ANN and nothing else. He was so like his sister before he was born, quiet. He didn't have a name for a day. I think he's getting over it. :) He's 12 now. LOL!

Enjoyed your blog. Bounced to your blog through 2 others. :)

I'm out blog hoppin' today.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=CraftTeaLady

Jo said...

Well you've got a 50/50 chance either way on the gender! lol~good odds!! I KNEW with Hannah and I was right;)

That is the coolest invite I've EVER seen for Cory:) Can't WAIT to see your pages on this one~Cory's a cutie~that McKenzie is a lucky girl!

ZeeLV said...

I'm sitting here chuckling about Barry being oblivious to all the TP-ing! :)