Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dry as a Bone

Fires are burning in Payson, (my fave place to cool off). This is going to be a terrible fire season because we have gone so long without rain. This will definitely be a no-burn summer, which really plays havoc with camping. Em's skin is so dry that she has to use Aquaphor each night before bed. I should probably run a humidifier in her room.

We really need some rain here and it just isn't happening. I watch the kids as they play on the field during recess. The dust just blows up around ever step that is taken. I have to wash after each time I am outside, and shower when I get home. The dust just gets into everything.

So all of you with rain....be grateful. I know you can get sick of it, but the alternative really stinks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know what no rain can do - we do get that here in the summer months - sooo dangerous!! We just had a major blizzard dump 75cm of snow on us in 48 hrs!! Crazy crazy weather!! I did here on our radio station here about you guys breaking a record though!!

ZeeLV said...

I SO hear you, neighbor! You know what kills me? As dry as it gets here in Southern Nevada, they still allow fireworks. Pisses me off to no end.

Anonymous said...

That is dry. Arid really. Perhaps even anhydrous. quite possibly desiccated. (sorry just trying out some words for dry that you hardly get to bring up in conversation).

ZeeLV said...

I just love Mary Fran's desiccated sense of humor, don't you?