Fear at Freestone Park
I love Freestone Park. Freestone is a great park in Gilbert AZ. It has the usual park things, ball fields, swings, playsets and the like. But it also has a skate park, batting cages, a lake and a railroad park. The railroad park has a Ferris wheel, wave runner (boats) a carousel and of course, a train that goes all around the lake. The kids really love to go there. Unfortunately, at this point, Emily has outgrown most of the rides. She really could only ride the train, but this didn't bother her. The other rides were a little too "little kid" for her. Daisy and Will had a lot of fun though. Even I....disregarding the warning that pregnant women shouldn't ride the train....got on for a spin. Come on....it's a small train that goes about .5 MPH around a lake. I asked the conductor before I got on, and she said pregnant women ride all the time. So, we all had fun.
But poor Daisy. She got on the Ferris Wheel and it scared the bejeezus out of her. The thing wasn't even as tall as the floor on the second story of my house. But being up there scared my poor little flower. And Willy took advantage of it. He started saying things to scare her more and then laughed his little fool head off. I told Daisy I was proud of her for trying it when she was scared. But she had no desire to ride on it again. Here is a pic. It's not the best, but the looks on the kid's faces tell the whole story. 
5 comments:
Love Daisy's death grip! Poor kid.
I hate the Ferris Wheel too!
Move backwords and up do not mix in my book!
Awwwwwwww.... that picture just tells the whole story, doesn't it?! look at him laughing and her face! Oh she's a brave girl for sure!
lol~poor Daisy!! I LOVE roller coasters but I HATE and despise the Ferris Wheel!!! Go figure:)
I am scared of the ferris wheel too! I don't blame her! :) Great photo!
Post a Comment