One Down, Two to Go
I am done with the first trimester. Thank Heavens!!! My nausea went away, then came back but to a lesser degree. It's back to being just an annoyance instead of a constant problem. And it's back to a set time each day, late afternoon through early evening. I am hoping that it will continue to taper off. I am still spending a lot of time in the bathroom. No changes there, nor did I expect any. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom before pregnancy, so naturally.... (please note the time of this post. I woke up to tinkle and couldn't get back to sleep) My energy levels are still not up. I spend an awful lot of time in bed. I did manage to get up and make dinner for the kids last night. And I actually MADE dinner as opposed to opening a box of something frozen and heating it up. So, maybe I am making progress, and it's just so slight that it's not glaringly obvious. It was nice to make a real dinner for the kids. And finally...my weight. I still haven't gained any weight at all!!!! YAAYYY! In my previous pregnancies (where I gained a total of 50-60 lbs) I would have gained at least 15 lbs in the first trimester. I hope this bodes well. I hope I don't go nuts now that the real weight gain is supposed to start. Even if I gain weight, I hope I just gain the normal amount. I think I can. I get so much exercise at work. It's really helping me to A. get exercise obviously B. keep my weight down and C. it passes the time. I am very definitely showing now. I have a belly. Well......a reason for the belly anyway LOL! Kids at school are starting to get brave and ask me if I am pregnant. It's a scary question to ask because....what if I am just fat?? Then they have ticked off an aide and they don't want to do that. ;)
Now that I am 3 days a week at work, I am really starting to enjoy it. I like being with my kids. I like being with all of the kids. A few of them have begun to come to me with their problems even, if you can imagine that. It almost makes me feel as if I am important to the whole process instead of just babysitting. Does that make sense?? One young man just started ADD meds and is having a really REALLY rough time with them. He is in 6th grade, so he is starting a little later. I think his dosage is too high, but then I am not a doctor. He has been talking to me about how the meds make him feel and asking for help coping with some of the side effects (normal and expected side effects like loss of appetite). Yesterday, out of the blue, he just came up and thanked me for talking with him. Wasn't that nice? I felt like I had done something of value for someone else.
So onward into the 2nd trimester I go! Soon I will feel little butterfly kicks, heartburn (some already grrrrr!) and lower back pain. But I may have some life back and that is what I need!
5 comments:
So glad to hear you are feeling better!! Once you feel those first kicks or punches, you will be over the moon once again!! How sweet about the little guy you have befriended - gosh, kids have so much to deal with these days don't they? Hoping you keep well!!
Oh I'm happy to hear things are looking up finally! Now if we can just do something about that whole arid desert thing...
I am glad you are starting to feel better. My dd is having medicine issues.... (ADD related) I will email you!!!
HUGS
Is your Ultra sound scheduled yet?
Awwwww that must have been such a nice thing to hear from that little boy. Musta made you feel valued. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better... emotionally too. This is good news, Rebel!
What a relief to have the yuckies behind ya--I hope the next two tris go well!
Post a Comment