Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happenings Around Here

First off, I got through the sickness fairly quickly. I still feel tired, but I always feel tired these days.

Now for the big news. I have officially resigned my DTM position at SBB. I just didn't feel right holding on when I knew I was creatively and physically drained. This pregnancy has taken it right out of me. This was a very hard decision for me to make. I LOVE SBB and I have loved being a DTM. But I know Amy will find someone who will have all of the energy and drive and enthusiasm that I wish I could give.

I am more than a little depressed about this. I gave up school. I have given up being a DTM. I don't resent the baby or anything like that. I am thrilled to be having this baby. But it's ok to be sad about the things I am giving up too. I know that it is worth it. I simply have to grieve a little for the opportunities missed.

I am starting to blurf more again. I am trying to regain the things that I can. It's nice keeping up with everyone. So for now, blogging is my line to the outside world. Gee, that made me sound as if I am in prison. Well, not prison so much as a cocoon. I have always felt cocooned while I was pregnant. I can hear the world, and see it. I just can't seem to take part. It's as if all of me is concentrated on nurturing and growing the baby. And when the baby is born, we emerge together.

Oooooooh!!!!!!! Finally! INSPIRATION!!! This is going into some altered art! And when the baby comes.....OH MAYA'S gorgeous wings!!!!

YAYYYYYYY! Now to find the energy to do something with this inspiration!! LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you are leaving SBB - but, you have to look after yourself, first and foremost!! There is always another time possibly again in the future! Hope you and the rest of your household is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your resignation... that must have been a really hard decision. I'm glad you are looking after you though!

Jo said...

I know what you mean about feeling drained creativly and otherwise...hate to hear you resigned though but definately don't blame you. I'm missin' my "internet" life~so hard when you feel so un motivated!