Wednesday, February 08, 2006

One More Step

Step by step, I am reclaiming my life. I have given up so much that is important to me. But I am learning a lesson about taking care of me, and saying no when my plate is full. Today, I took another step.

I have been working Monday through Friday at the school, and I have been exhausted to the point of collapse every day. So, I went to the school Principal today, and told her I needed to cut back. She bent over backward to accomodate me. She even mentioned that she had been meaning to talk to me, because she was concerned. She could see how exhausted I have been. Since there is an aide who comes in Thurs and Fri, I have agreed to take Mon, Tues and Weds. And I was graciously told that I could begin my new schedule immediately. So, tomorrow I will sleep in. And I will do some much needed and long ignored housework.

And last night....I scrapped!!!! I actually did a page. True, I scraplifted. But I feel really good about excercising my dormant creativity!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS page Dena!! And good for you for cutting back in order to take care of yourself!! Stay well!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're taking care of yourself! LOVE your page. The colors are so awesome with the sepia toned photo!

Anonymous said...

Yay for UUUUU! I'm so glad you are taking care of yourself... and I'm glad that you are feeling a little better. Your layout is wonderful... I'm glad you got to do something for yourself that you enjoyed. keep keeping up, Rebel.

janna said...

How cute!!! Love your LO, and I hope you enjoy the much needed rest!