Friday, February 03, 2006

Round 2 Claims Another Victim(s)

Another one down. This time it is.....me. Crap, I just can't seem to catch a break. I woke up with a cough, chest pain, swollen glands and a fever. I don't even know how to call in sick at my job. Do I call the secretary, the principal, the district office??

Wait....victim #3 just came down the stairs. Cory has it, but he is pushing off to school anyway. No...he isn't that conscientious a student. He just has plans tonight and doesn't want to cancel.

I have a feeling that victim #4 is still up in bed. Barry was feeling poorly last night. I think he may wake up with this too.

I should have known that I was putting myself in the position to catch everything by taking a job at the school. It's bad enough getting everything your kids bring home from school, but I have placed myself right smack in the middle of disease central now. And I see EVERY child at that school. When they don't feel well at recess or lunch, they come to me to send them to the nurse.

What the Hell was I thinking???!!

And, in my effort to look on the bright side of things....my sore muscles from yesterday can heal. And, I won't be exhausted from work...so maybe I will scrap a little.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief - so sorry to hear you are not feeling well again - I despise this time of year - sick and tired of being sick and tired!! Rest lots - and get well again real soon!!

ZeeLV said...

:( Bummer! Can one of the non-victims run get you some Airborne from Walgreen's or CVS? Truly, I swear by it. Hope things get better for you girlie.

janna said...

Sauve Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer too.
Call your DR and get some meds.
HUGS,

Anonymous said...

Oh man you just can't catch a break, can you? Sheesh. Get better.

Jo said...

Yuck!! so sorry you guys have been sooo bugged by the "bugs"! I understand~we've had it too and it just keeps comin' and goin'