Saturday, April 01, 2006

Cats Don't Make No Sense.

Snickerdoodle, known around the house as Pooh, is a bizarre little creature. She cannot STAND to be held. She barely tolerates being touched...and only by me...others are forbidden. She seems to find humans to be the most useless creature on earth ('cept for them blasted dogs!). And yet....she is the neediest, most clingy cat I have ever known!

She follows me everywhere I go. And I do mean everywhere. When I go to the bathroom, I frequently see her tail swishing under the door from the other side. If I go upstairs, she races me the whole way. As soon as I walk in the door, she comes running from whatever hidey-hole she has squished herself into. But...I am not allowed to get close. She comes close enough to lick my fingers, and then she finds someplace near me, but not in reach, to lie down. If I leave that spot, she follows me to the next and does the same thing. She even sleeps on my pillow every night. Above my head, and if I touch her, she leaves.

But then sometimes.......she decides that she wants to cuddle. Like now. For no reason at all, she jumped up in my lap and went to sleep. So now I am covered in cat hair. But she is content. Until she decides that she can no longer tolerate contact with a nasty ol' people.

Cats don't make no sense!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. what colours is she? ha Ha! I had a black cat that did the exact same thing, and when I was pregnant even!! She was really bizarre! One moment I couldn't get her off me, the next she would attack me!! Then after I had Ethan she just plain hated me!!