The Call Every Mother Dreads
Now, let me make this clear to begin. Cory is fine. No one was hurt.
Cory was in his bug and going to Tempe to hang out by ASU, when he called me to say, "Mom, come get me. I've been in an accident". He then proceeded to tell me how it happened rather than tell me no one was hurt. But once I was assured that no one was hurt and he didn't hit another car or anything else....I was relieved. The rear tire on the bug wasn't secured properly (Barry is the culprit and has accepted responsibility). It came off while Cory was going down the road. Fortunately it was a back road with little traffic through Lehi (a farm community just North of us). No damage to anything other than the car. Cory was badly shaken up though. And is currently refusing to ever drive the bug again. (been there! I had a bug when I was 16. It had problems and scared the crap out of me. I refused to drive it ever again after the final meltdown. My dad ended up selling it, because I NEVER went NEAR it again) I hear that same tone in Cory's voice and I am having a hard time not agreeing with him. But we can't afford another car, so he has to get over it.
It was a terrifying call.....and now he is cruising Mill Avenue in my van with the dudes. Barry went to pick him up and let Cory take MY van. Wiener Barry!
4 comments:
Thank goodness he is ok!!!
OMG - Thank God he wasn't hurt! Poor thing will never want to drive again! Not a call any Mother ever wants. Give him a big hug!!
Wow, scary! I'm glad no one was hurt.
My first car was a bug...had it repaired and repaired and repaired until one night, on my way home from my little 16yo job at the pizza joint, it caught on fire with me in it. Tell him I don't blame him one bit!
Post a Comment