Sunday, April 02, 2006

My Weekend

Cory is still refusing to ever get into the bug again. We have taken our older Civic (AKA Elvis) down to the Honda mechanic. Cory is going to drive it, and the bug will be Barry's project car. Barry thinks Cory will relent when the bug is running and reliable.

I am not so sure.

We spent a lot of time at the Sprawlmart garden section this weekend. We got some tomatoes, some peppers, some grapevines, and an artichoke, some flowers and a new rosebush for me. This is my first red rose. Unfortunately, it is not a fragrant. I prefer to have the fragrant kind. The only non-smelly rosebush I have is my sterling rose. And it isn't thriving. But I love the color of the sterlings.

I also got most of my holiday shopping done. I couldn't find any boyish baskets in the large size. I ended up with a green basket that has some beads around it for Will. It's not super-femme. I was going to try an remove the beads, but they are too tightly glued. Will is ok with it as-is. (I always show the kids the basket when it is empty. They get so excited knowing the Easter Bunny will fill it. Well, Willy does. The older kids just like knowing that candy is forthcoming.)

I watched the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" last night. Cool special effects. I noticed at the end, when they showed what parts of the country were under ice in the new ice age....The Phoenix metro area was not. Cory and I discussed the fact that we don't have blizzards, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, volcanoes, etc, etc. Yeah, the heat is a bitch, but maybe I'll quit complaining about living here.

And btw..Janna...When President Hinkley said goodbye at the end of conference, did you get the feeling that he was saying goodbye? I did, I thought that was his final goodbye to the members and I started bawling. Hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

1 comment:

janna said...

I had the same feeling, about President Hinckley!!!
:(

I was in our bug when the back tire fell off.... My brothers fault..... I totally understand Cory.