Ultrasound Take Two (Well Three, But Who's Counting?)
ETA**** Molly is very definately a Molly. We saw, not just the absence of boy parts. but rather very obvious girl parts!!! GO PINK!!!!!
Yup, this afternoon is my ultrasound. Again. We'll see if Molly is a Molly or a Sam. (It was only after I picked these names that I realized these were the names of the Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore characters from Ghost...unintentional coincidence) I am going to measure out the water and drink it in small juice glass increments to try and lessen any discomfort. And Molly had better be a Molly, because I bought clothes. Lots!
I knew it was a girl anyway. Besides my "mommy feelings" the men in Barry's family tend to throw girls. There is usually only one in each generation. Barry's parents used the timing method to try and get boys. They got FIVE!! And of those four (one is deceased) boys....each has only one son and the rest are girls LOL!!
I went thrift store shopping yesterday and got a GREAT find!!! I found a solid mahogany hand made cradle at the DI for $35!!!! Some of the hardware needs to be replaced, it's a little wobbly and Barry needs to stabilize it....but it's BEAUTIFUL!!! Then, to top things off, Barry found a beautiful handmade maple crib on Craig's list for $50!!! Between thrift stores, eBay, Craig's list and consumer tendency to get rid of things that are perfectly good so that they can buy more....it is a LOT easier to start all over with a new baby than I thought it would be. This baby will have much nicer things than any of the other kids had, and for much less $$$$$!
Well, it's bye bye Bucky!!! I can't say that I am sad about this. Maybe Ace should have gone first. But the competition is really narrowing down to those who all deserve great musical careers. (Still miffed about Mandisa though). REMEMBER!! VOTE CHRIS!!! I feel goofy because I don't usually watch Idol beyond the auditions, but I am totally into it this year. And ya'll should know why by now :)
OOHHHH!!! I almost forgot my AWESOME news!!!!! I got some maternity shorts in my pre-pregnancy size. THEY DON'T FIT!!!! BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO BIG!!!!
I am soooooooooo thrilled!!! Who goes down a size during pregnancy??? I wonder if I can convince the doctor to suck out a little fat while I am open for the c-section :)
4 comments:
Sure hope your ultrasound goes well. Love all the bargains you've been scooping up - gotta love that!! Can't comment on the Idol situation - I lost interest long ago! lol! Anyway, take good care of Miss Molly ( I keep wanting to type Holly!), and hope you all have a wonderful Easter!!
you know I LOVE the thrift stores and finding great deals. Good for you!
PINK it is then!!! I might take a trip to the fabric store and get started on the her quilt. What are the dementition on the craddle? I will make you some matching sheets for MOLLY
Email me
Yay, it's a girl!!!! I am so happy for you Dena!
You know, I started garage saling when I was first pregnant with Kai and became instantly obsessed. Hardly anything we bought for the kid was new but it all looked shiny and new and we paid only a fraction of the price. I even managed to resell most of it on ebay later and profited. LOL
Post a Comment