I'm Hungry....and Other Stuff
I am soooooo hungry right now. It's 5 am here, and I have been awake since 3:30. I'm back to waking at 3:30 again, but since I don't have to go to work or get the kids up for school it's ok. I usually go back to sleep at around 7 or 8. But not today. Because I have the 3 hour glucose test today. From 8 am till 11 am....I am going to be sitting in some damned uncomfortable chairs in a dr's office, having my blood drawn every hour. I HATE needles. This is really going to suck. And I have to fast. Which means, I haven't eaten since dinner yesterday. ARRGGHHH!!! This is AWFUL!! I want SOME FOOD!!! Just a little sugar-free Jello! When the appointment is over, I am going out for lunch. I will need the sustenance because:
I just noticed yesterday that my tags expire TODAY!!! CRAP! I never got anything in the mail! I was standing at the back of my van yesterday and the tags caught my eye. I was out of town (more later) and couldn't do anything until today. So, after this dr's visit....I have to do the emissions testing, and then..........THE DMV! Hell on Earth. And I REALLY wanted to swim today. I am hoping that we will still make it to the pool. If all goes well, it just might happen.
Now, on going out of town. My mother has opened a little boutique. The house she bought in our hometown was previously owned by a local artist, Hal Empie. When Mom was growing up, it was the biggest and nicest house in town, owned by the richest man in town. This is one of the reasons that buying it appealed to her. It has an art studio, that Mother has turned into her store. Anyway, it has no airconditioning. So I gave Mom one of the portable 9000 BTU units we bought to keep cool until our central air units were replaced. But, I wasn't driving the 3.5 hours to Duncan to deliver this. My sister and her hubby met me in Globe (a 1 to 1.5 hour trip) to pick it up. We had a nice lunch together. The trip there=fantastic! The trip back=miserable! You have to go through some mountains inbetween Globe and Mesa. And if there is an accident....there is no way around it on the one lane highway. There was an accident. What should have taken 15-20 minutes, took 45. The kids were pretty good though. I have stocked the van with these cool little magnetic playsets from Sprawlmart. They are like Colorforms, only magnets instead of plastic. The kids LOVE them.
Dang! I complain a lot! Stuff that was good: Memorial Day was very good. We did our traditional viewing of Saving Private Ryan with the kids who are old enough. We discussed the meaning of Memorial Day. We went to the pool. We came home and had hot dogs and watermelon. The baby has been doing this weird thing where she curls up on the left side of my uterus. She leaves this concave area on the right side, and this big lump that is obviously her little body is on the left. So we all "held" her yesterday. It was really kind of cool.
I need to get in the shower and put my clothes in the dryer. And....I'm still hungry!
3 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwww you all held the baby! That's sooooo sweet! I just loved that part!
Good luck with the test! I will be thinking of you and doing my best to hurry those little hands on the clock faster! Praying all goes excellent!
Did you see my Aunt Jane in GLOBE??
LOL (I have a few relatives that live there)
If you move to Idaho, we do not have to have an emission test and the longest line at the DMV is 4 people.... HINT HINT (LOL)
I hated emissions in Utah.
Good luck with your test.
(((HUGS)))
Good luck with the test - I'm a pro at those glucose tests - sucks to be me with my insulin resistance I guess!! How sweet and precious is it that you all held miss baby - that is so sweet!! Take care!
Post a Comment