I'm a Little Concerned Right Now.
I got a call from my OB today. My glucose test came back high. Now, generally of the moms' that test high, only about 1/3 turn out to have gestational diabetes. Here is why I am concerned. Even though I didn't need to fast....the office originally told me I did. So, my blood sugar would be low from not eating for 12 hours. And on top of that, I don't eat a lot of sugar. I hadn't had a lot of white bread prior to the test, not a lot of sweets, and the soda I drink is always diet soda. I ate more, gained more weight and exercised less with my other pregnancies, and had no problems with them. So, in my overly sensitive and easily spooked condition, this all seems to point to the worse case scenario. My age puts me at higher risk too. And from the beginning, because of my age and weight, this was a concern. Which is why I have been so VERY good about my weight gain, nutrition and exercise
I will go back on Wednesday for the 3 hour test. And in the meantime, I am eating brown rice, and veggies, and salads, and chicken breasts. I was going to do some walking too, but my pubic bone hurts so bad that I don't think I can manage it. And if it turns out to be diabetes.....well, this is a manageable condition. No real need for alarm. Catching it and managing it is the key. All will be well.
But I can't help but be a little scared right now. KWIM?
5 comments:
It probably was the bread....
I had to take it that test twice with my last to pregnancies & both of the 2nd tests where normal.
My problem was POPCILCES...
HUGS & Prayers
I will be prayin', D. *hugs*
Completely OT, but now since I'll be moving back to hometown, I really think you should drive/fly out with Cory sometime so we can meet. *lol*
love, me <><
I know what ya mean. I'm guessing it's the bread too. I'll be lifting you up so that everything turns out hunky dory!
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Try to enjoy your holiday weekend, and keep us posted! BIG HUG!
I had to do that too with Hannah. I was fine BUT when she was born her cheeks were HUGE. So huge that a Dr. I didn't know came in and checked her and had a intern with her. She told the intern that Hannah's cheeks were indicative of a mom with gd. I very quickly set her straight! lol She then asked if those cheeks ran in the family!
Post a Comment