Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm Sad Today

I was working on a layout today when I got the phone call telling me that a friend of mine has lost her battle with cancer. I don't want to be sad, because she wouldn't want me to be sad. She had such perfect faith. She knew exactly what and where she was going to when she died. She wasn't afraid. She was at peace. But I can't help being sad and crying because I feel that my life has been diminished a little by her death. Since I am so uncomfortable around people, I didn't tell her how much I admired and loved her. I never told her how much knowing her has enriched my life. I hope she knew though. I think she did. I remember the day we were at the park and she shared her fear over finding a lump. I remember her laughter and joking when her hair started to grow back after the first round of chemo. I am going to miss seeing her. I worry about her husband and her six kids. I am very close to her two youngest. I need to make sure I am available to them. I taught them at church several years ago and they still come to me for hugs and talks all the time. Today, I am just very sad.

7 comments:

janna said...

SAD!!!

Cancer is a nasty thing....

ZeeLV said...

Aw Dena, I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, D. I'll be prayin' for you and those kids tonight.

love, me <><

Anonymous said...

OMGosh - that is so sad Dena - so sorry to hear this.

digi-diva said...

Cyber {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Dena! She sounds like an amazing friend and lady. Sadly today is the 18 year anniversary of the death of one of my dearest friends. I posted a photo of us on my blog. I'm feeling sad right along with you today! BIG HUG! BTW, I always appreciate how kind you are to all of your online friends. I'm sure your friend knew how much you loved her.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww this makes me sad for you. I'm so sorry. She DID know how much you admired her. Trust that. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman and she was blessed to have had you to laugh with and share her fears. Bless your heart, Dena.