Saturday, May 13, 2006

New Car, Take 2

Well, since the Bug didn't work out as we had hoped.....tons of work done, and still having the same problems......Barry decided to get another car for Cory. When this CRX came up on Craig's list, it was too good to pass up. Yes it needs some minor cosmetic repairs (paint touched up in a few places, ac lines installed, seat covers) but it runs VERY well. And maybe more importantly for Cory, it's FAST!


Soccer sign-ups were today. Everyone is ready. Cory has moved up one age level, to the last age group in league soccer. He will be doing some serious traveling, hence the need for a reliable car. For the first time in a very long time, I am not going to be volunteering for anything. The season starts within a month of Molly's arrival, so it is going to be hard enough just making practices and games, much less being a coach or referee or team mom. I'll jump back in next year.

Call me inactive, but I am missing church again tomorrow. With a valid excuse. I am driving out of town to have a surprise lunch with my mother for Mother's Day. I think that is a reasonable excuse to miss church, don't you? My sister is taking her to Safford for lunch and we are going to show up and surprise her. I think she will enjoy that.

Since we are going out of town tomorrow, my Mother's Day was tonight. Along with all of the wonderful things the kids made for me at school (which I really do love and cherish!!!) Willy also got me a photo album locket that says "Mom" on it. Daisy got me some cool flipflops and a mango scented bath collection. Emily hasn't gone out yet to get me a gift, but I told her I REALLY want new microwave cookware. Cory is making me something in wood shop....it just isn't quite done yet. And we went to Garcia's for dinner. Dinner was yum, the kids were HORRID! It was nice anyway LOL!!

So have a wonderful day tomorrow! Hope you get pampered like you deserve to be!

6 comments:

janna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
janna said...

Have a fun visit surprising your mom!!!
If I could I would stay home, I would. I have a lesson & shareing time.
But it is the only day of the year you can get a flower at church.... LOL

Tell Cory Congrats!!!

ZeeLV said...

Okay, just because it's Mother's Day, I'm going to flex my "mom muscles." What's wrong with the photo? A. Cory has no seat belt on. And B. Cory's on his cell phone. Okay, I know, I know, he's parked. But...I'm cringing.

Happy Mother's Day to you too!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful day surprising and visiting your Mom! Yup, Cory still looks proud of these set of new wheels too!!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh super little car! He's gotta love that, hey? Congrats to him and congrats to you on the air conditioning! I know the feeling as this house has AC...first time for us and we're loving it!

Hope you had a great day with your Moms!

Anonymous said...

That's SO a Cory car if I ever saw one. :)

Glad you had a good MDay dinner even if the reason(s) for needing to have one was less than pleasant. *lol*

love, me <><