Please Don't Ask Me for a Clever and Witty Title for this Post
I'm feeling a little pissy, a little blue, a little overwhelmed, and a lot emotional. I know it's the hormones. But knowing it's hormones, doesn't mean that you can turn it off. I'm really trying right now, but what I really want is a deserted island with satellite hook-ups, and no one else around. School gets out on Thursday. Heaven help me, I just don't think I can stand it. The fighting has already begun, and I am pulling my hair out by it's increasingly gray roots. I will be going to the pool a lot. We don't have a pool, because we don't want the responsibility. The local pool is a few blocks away at the Jr High, and it has slides, and water features, etc. If we go next Saturday, the family summer pass is 50% off, so this is a good deal. We have done this before and never regretted it. I am hoping that being in the sun and water all day will exhaust the kids to the point that they just don't have the energy to fight.
I think I am hoping in vain.
Today is Em's 11th!! She is really becoming a young lady. This was the first birthday that she didn't get any toys. She got clothes, jewelry and things for her bedroom. Barry kept teasing her that she was getting Barbies, and Em was horrified. Now me, I played with Barbies till I was in High School, but I was obviously an odd one :) She wanted to go to her fave, Souper Salad for lunch. And she was totally thrilled when I ordered the grown-up drink for her rather than the kids drink with a lid. It's the little things.... Her party won't be until next week. We are going to get her friends and do Souper Salad again, then we will go to the pool. All parties during Mom's pregnancy, must by necessity involve almost no effort on my part. So far, the kids haven't minded, and have had lots of fun with what I have thrown together.
I needed a new hobby. I love scrapping, but other than wielding a mouse, it really doesn't keep my hands busy. I need to DO something with my hands. Sewing is good, but I also need immediate gratification because of the ADD. So, my solution is: jewelry making. I learned how at a Super Saturday a few years ago, and then never did anything with it. So, I got some beads, and tools, and got to work. I know that my design is a little weak, but hey....I can always take it apart and redo it. I have already done it once today LOL!!! And a book on beading is on it's way to me.
Oh, and yes.....I am a member of the Sasquatch family. My people are a very hairy people. And I am not going to waste my time waxing my arms, hence the hippie length body hair. Ya'll should know by now.....that I just don't give a sh*t about that kind of stuff LOL!
3 comments:
Happy B-day to EM!
& nice bracelet!
Brittany, Bob, & Desiree are members of the Sasquatch family too.
Good revenge for Bob is pulling his arm hair....
EVIL laugh :)
My kids school are out on Friday.
But my kids really only have 3 more days of school left.
(Going to Utah Mon & Tue)
HUGS
Happy birthday Ms. Emily!!
I used to make jewelry, too, "back in the day." I did some beadwork, but mostly I worked with that 80's fashion staple, Friendly Plastic, LOL! Remember that stuff? UGH!! Horrid, ugly jewelry now that I look at my leftovers, but it was a huge hit back then. I sold quite a few pairs to keep me rolling in spending dough. :)
DH is an honorary member of the Sasquatch family..."honorary" because he's completely bald, but could be a body double for Harry on the movie "Harry and the Hendersons." LOL! Poor guy!
hahahahahahahahaha I think then that you and I are related... since I am also a card carrying member of the sasquatch family!
Happy B-Day to Em! Good for her! I, too, played with barbies way way way into high school and truly only reluctantly gave them up then. Dang. Loved them to death.
Hope you are feeling better now!
Post a Comment