Saturday, July 22, 2006

D@mned Teenager!!!

So, around 6PM last night, I get a call from Cory. He has been in ANOTHER car accident!!!!!! He is fine, no other cars involved. Basically, he claims to have been going around 20MPH doing a left hand turn around a corner, when he lost control of the car. And skidded and fishtailed for a long way, before the car went up on the curb and took out a bus stop sign. The police cited him for speed beyond that which was reasonable and prudent. Barry looked at the skid marks, and the damage to the car. Cory had to have been doing at least 40MPH when he hit the curb. The suspension is ruined. The car is undriveable and unfixable. And the city will be contacting us to let us know the charge for fixing the downed sign.

I am pretty angry!

Cory is grounded from driving. He is carless. We will not be getting him another one. Because of his speeding ticket from 7/3, he is already signed up to take the class, so this ticket is going to count. My insurance is going to skyrocket because any driving age person has to be put on the insurance according to insurance rules. I can drop Cory's car, but not Cory himself. I swear, I don't know what to do with this kid!!! I need for him to be eligible and capable to drive. I can't take him to work and practices. I needed for him to be able to take care of himself.

We are going to have to have him take driving school before he gets behind a wheel again. Barry is going to see if his car can be made to work. Cory is going to have to get a job to pay for repairs himself.

I am glad he is OK. I am thankful for that blessing. But the kid is totally in the doghouse!

2 comments:

janna said...

sORRY Dena,
Just take a deep breath and send him out into the heat, and into the dog house...

Can you email me your address?

Anonymous said...

Good grief - glad he's o.k.! Maybe some time in the doghouse will allow him to do some deep thinking! Take care!