Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Holy Guacamole Batman!!!! It's a Beached Whale!

That's how I feel right now. And in spite of my best efforts otherwise, I have gained weight. Still healthy, but a huge jump in the last 3 weeks :( Willy and Daisy even called me a beached whale. Ungrateful brats!! And to think I brought them into the world.

Barry and I had our night alone for our anniversary. We spent it at the hotel we stayed in for our wedding night. We had dinner at a steakhouse that we love. And we read in companionable silence LOL! That (more than other more "physical" diversions) seems to be the traditional way we spend our anniversaries.

However, Cory finally confessed his error from that evening. While babysitting his younger siblings, he left Em in charge while he drove down the freeway to the QT. And while he was driving, he got pulled over for speeding. He was ticketed for doing 85 in a 65!!! And he barely shows me the ticket today. Well, this is his first, and he can do traffic school. If he gets another, his car gets parked. I can't afford insurance if he is going to drive like that.

Em had another consult with the dentist today. She doesn't need a root canal. They were very busy, so we spent 90 minutes at the dentist in order to get one x-ray and have the dentist hold a piece of ice to her tooth! And further, we can't get the crown done until August 1st!!! GRRRRRR!!!!

I am going to be yelled at for gaining so much weight. My appointment is tomorrow at 9:30. I tried to do well. And I did....I ate mostly fruit and salads. But I gained 10 FREAKING POUNDS!!!!! It wasn't my fault....well, except for that cheesecake I ate. But that was one indiscretion. Just one!!! Well, and I had steak on my anniversary. But come on! 10 lbs from those 2 splurges! I still think it's Molly and not me :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lololol---I can sooo feel your pain!!! I have a dr. appt. tomorrow too...lol AND I saw from your ticker...somewhere...that we are due really close together...I'm 8/19...lol!! Good luck tomorrow... I haven't weighed...avoidance is best for me! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope your dr. visit goes well! 2 splurges isn't bad in my book!
Sorry about Em's tooth. I sure hope it gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

*lol* I think it's her, too! Don't worry abt it, dear. :)

love, me <><

Anonymous said...

Hoping your appt. goes well!! Glad to hear you had a nice quiet anniversary - sometimes those are the best ones!!

janna said...

I am glad you had a nice & quiet anniversary before the baby!

I am still working on the quilt~
But it will be there in time!!!

And eat anything you want. You are growing a baby for gosh sakes.

(((I watched Titanic and BILL from BIG LOVE would not leave my mind))