All That Work
And it didn't work. I took Molly to be weighed today, and she hasn't gained any weight. She isn't sucking enough to get fed. So we have to go back on the pump and the bottle. I just returned the damned pump too. I was so excited about having her on the breast, and now we are back to square one. I have cried all blasted day. I just want to crawl into a hole. I know I am suffering from PPD. I need medication. My Dr's appointment is in a week or so. I will get some then.
In the meantime, I talked to the lactation consultant. The head one, who is a nurse. And I am still doing it right. Molly just isn't strong enough to suck yet. The swallowing I heard wasn't enough. It was enough to keep her from losing weight. But she needs more. So, here I go again, into the abyss. I think this time though, I will use the SNS instead of a bottle. I don't want to have to retrain her to the breast.
5 comments:
Dena, is Molly still falling asleep at the breast? Maybe she has a touch of jaundice which makes babies sleepy. Josh had jaundice big time and he kept falling asleep during feedings. Try laying her in a patch of sunlight with no clothes on (and her eyes protected) for a few minutes several times a day. Sunshine seems to flush the bilirubin out of the systm.
But most importantly, know that all the work you two are doing isn't for nothing. Hang in there sweetie pie.
BIG HUGS to you both!
So sorry about the frustration - I can relate - big time! I finally just decided it was not going to happen - and that decision was the best - we were both completely more at ease - and Ethan slept through the night at 3 weeks - and has never stopped!! hugs to you both!! Take care!!
Keep up the breast feeding.
Wiggle under her chin while she is breast feeding. It will keep her awake.
But do not stress!!!! Praying for you.
((((HUGS))))
Maybe give her one formula bottle a day too.
I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. I wish I could give you a big hug, but I'll send you a cyber one, K? HUGGGGGGGGGGG! Hope that makes you feel better.
Awww Dena...I feel bad that you're feeling bad. Know that it isn't YOU or her it's just what it is. All this isn't for nothing but I know how hard it is!
My only advice is to keep plugging away. She'll get there!
PS...I had to give Joe a formula bottle after his feedings for quite awhile then when I went back to work I just wasn't producing enough milk anymore to satisfy him soooo...I nursed then used the bottle in the same feeding.
Post a Comment