Saturday, December 23, 2006

It Finally Feels Like Christmas.


We finally got our tree last night. I sent Cory to find one (Barry was sick) and we got it up and decorated. Well, the kids did anyway. I used to do the decorating. I was anal about it. I had all of these beautiful glass ornaments. I put them "just so" on the tree. No two of the same color near each other. All of the ornaments evenly spaced around the tree. And then, the kids, pets and gravity broke all of my glass ornaments. And, I realized, that it was no fun for the kids to watch me decorate. And that the tree would look just as nice with a hodge-podge of ornaments from various crafts, gifts and made with love by the kids. Maybe even nicer, because it means something to the whole family now. So, we did it! We got the tree before Christmas! The gifts are wrapped and under the tree (except for those that Santa is bringing), and it finally feels a little like Christmas.
Except that I am now really really sick. Last time was just a trial run for this bug! But.....don't feel bad for me. I will be up by tomorrow. Why? because I have an important job to do at church tomorrow for Christmas. And just like Carol Brady from the Brady Bunch getting her voice back to sing at church...I have every confidence that I will be fine too. I am not singing though. I am a "mystery guest" in Primary for the children. I will represent a person from scripture. I will be hidden, but will give clues as to my identity. Then, when the kids guess who I am, I will tell them my story from the scriptures. Molly is going to be with me. Any guesses as to whom we will be???
DON'T LAUGH!!!!! I can too play a virgin!!!! ok, you can laugh. I think it's funny too LOLOLOLOL!
Molly is sick too. I thought her fever the other day was from sickness and not immunizations. I think I was wrong, and this is the real deal. She won't eat, she is fussy, she just isn't happy. I am kind of hoping that since she is playing the Saviour tomorrow, she will be miraculously healed too.
I just had a visit tonight from a church leader who offered me a "job" at church again. I taught children in Primary for 6 full years. Then, just before I found out that Molly was on her way last year, I was released. And I was so very very very ready for it! Well, it's been a year, and apparently, it's time to go back. Surprisingly, I am ecstatic!!! I missed the kids so much. I know I should enjoy adult conversation, but being with the kids is just way too much fun! I used to teach the four year olds (with my last year being with the five year olds). Now, I am teaching the seven year olds. And if you are doing the math, the last class I taught were five, and will now be turning seven, so I will teach the same kids group of kids again. Catch all of that??? :)
So, I need to go find a robe and veil to wear as Mary. I am hoping that my dark blue bathrobe and a giant white towel will do the trick with a few modifications. And yes....there will be pictures ;)

3 comments:

janna said...

Pretty tree Dena!

Get feeling better

and congrats on the "Dunkin' Club Kids." (The 7 year old class)

Go check out the blinkie I made of my kids.... over on my blog

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree Dena!! Hope you are all feeling better soon - Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Anonymous said...

*lol* Well, of course, when I think of the Virgin Mary, I think of you, Dena. ;)

So glad you got your tree up!! It just isn't Christmas without a tree, is it?

love, me <><