Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snow in the Desert

So, after church today, we decided to drive to the snow. Only to come home to.....snow!!!! Well, sort of. It snowed about 4 miles from us. But snow in Mesa is a HUGE deal. It may snow overnight too. I am tempted to stay awake and watch. No sense waiting for morning to see it because it won't stick. This is very exciting for us desert dwellers :)

We went to Payson for our little trip. It's about an hour away. Then we went another 30 minutes north to the Mogollon Rim. There is a great sledding site up there where everyone goes. We used a tube and a rubbermaid storage bin to sled. The tube worked. The bin.....not so much. I took tons and tons of pics. But y'all have seen gazillions of my kids. This time, I'll share a pic of me :) Wearing horizontal stripes no less LOLOL!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SNOW!! Wow - that must be a first! Glad you got to experience that awful stuff - although sledding is pretty fun! Enjoy!

janna said...

fun!

ZeeLV said...

Looks like so much fun! You go, chicky!! Now where's that Threadless pic of yours & Cory's??

Thriftin and Craftin said...

How fun! I get what a big deal snow is, because I STILL can't believe that we got honest-to-goodness snow a few weeks ago. The kids LOVED it!

Anonymous said...

i love this pic of you, Dena! :)

Ann

(good to see your pages, again, too!)