Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wow! So Far it Feels the Same

I don't know why I always expect to feel different after a birthday. Older, wiser....more decrepit :) I feel just the same. But now...I am 39. THIRTY FREAKING NINE!!!!!! I am staring down the gun barrel of 40. I'm not quite sure how to feel about this. I was amazed the other day to see a commercial that had a woman who was 38 in it. And she looked like a grown-up. I never wanted to grow up. But I suppose that I am.

YUCK!!

I don't mind getting older. But why oh why does getting older mean we have to grow up??? I know that probably makes no sense to most people. But to me, there is a difference. I REFUSE to grow up.

So, excuse me if I continue to listen to loud music. If I keep watching juvenile TV shows like Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons and Jackass. And if I keep dreaming of what I will be.....when I do grow up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wish I could get over my adolescent insecurities...that part of growing up I would like. Happy Belated Birthday. What a putz I am for not remembering. I forgot to transfer last year's datebook full of digiscrappers' birthdays to THIS year. Putting it on my Google To Do List!

janna said...

LOL!

I like all of the same showes, but we do not have MTV and I have only seen Jackass the movie. :)

Your forgot Big Love....

Love ya

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Miss D! I always feel like a kid on the inside too. There's just NO WAY I can be the mom. LOL! I just act like I know what I'm doing! LOL! I'll be 39 in April. That seems weird to me too!

ZeeLV said...

No way do I feel "grown up" either. It's definitely a state of mind! (Josh stopped watching cartoons over five years ago but I still catch an occasional Sponge Bob!!)

Hey...have you checked your email? I sent you something.

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dena don't you dare go and grow up - that will so NOT be FUN!! Hee Hee!! Hope you had a fabulous day!!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday, Dena!

Ann