Monday, February 12, 2007

Sick Baby and Other Stuff

Fever, throwing up, no appetite. I think she's past it. I think (hope) it was a 24 hour bug. I just hate when she is sick. I know, when she wakes up distressed in the middle of the night, that I will reach into the cradle and she will be burning up. My poor baby.

But, she seems better now. I hope she stays this way.

And to answer LeeAndra's ?.....New Beginnings is an evening program where the incoming Young Women and their parents are introduced to the YW program. Our YW have a list of values: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works, and Integrity that they are encouraged to live by. And to accomplish this goal, they work to achieve various projects, accomplishments etc, in each of the values. They finalize this with YW projects which are similar to an Eagle Project for Scouts (only it's harder and there is more work). I used to teach in YW, and I LOVE the YW program. Anyway.....New Beginnings is an introduction to this. It is combined (in our Ward) with Evening in Excellence, where the existing YW get the chance to show off what they have done for the previous year. Cake and punch were served. A good time was had by all :)

Oh, which reminds me that I have a copy of a song, I Walk by Faith, which I meant to give to Emily. It goes along with the YW values. Janna,, do you want a copy...if you don't have one?

OK....yesterday in church, one of my kids used the term "Hoo-ha"! And yes....she meant THAT!!! It is so hard to keep a straight face and instruct the child not to say that when inside I am laughing my butt off!!!!

I watched King Kong with the kids yesterday. The bugs GROSSED ME OUT!!!!! I had to turn away. The girls ran from the room. I knew they were part of the movie, and warned Willy not to watch. Of course, he was the one who watched with glee and loved it. EEEEWWWWW factor: 10

But two thumbs up for the special effects. WOW!!!!

I am burning up. I thought it was because the air is off. But Barry says it is cool in here. And Molly, who is asleep on me, is cool as a cucumber. NOOOOOOO!!!!! I cannot get sick!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get better everyone!!

Anonymous said...

hope you and baby are well!! Happy V day to everyone:)

Hoo Ha!!?? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

btw--tried to check on Loner Market. did they win???? fingers crossed! they really ARE good and if they ever come to Cinci. Oh. on tour or something I expect front row center seats & backstage passes!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh...we've had the sickies at my house too :( noooooo fun!!! I hope you are all feeling better!! :)