And Now, I am Home
Well, we are home. We got in at 8:30 last night. More on that in a moment.
Day 1: Got to spend some time with Zee!!!! We scrapped, or rather tried. By the time I got Molly-Boo to sleep, I felt about as creative as wet cardboard. We went to Border's books ( I needed something to read before bed). I got several books, but only managed to read about 1 page the whole weekend LOL!! Early to bed, or rather early to try to sleep. Cory slammed the door each time he entered. GRRRRRR!!!!!
Day 2: Up for soccer. Cory's team lost both games. I only went to one. I decided to stay at the hotel so that Molly could nap during game 2. I ended up sleeping with her for 2 hours. Had our pizza party. Cory was being a total ass to me all weekend. In his defense he was tired and sick, but still.....
Day 3: I meant to get up early to say bye to Zee, but I slept late. Cory was banging in and out of the room the night before. Calling me to ask to go places. I woke up at 12:40AM and Cory wasn't in his bed. Turns out, some of the guys were still out front "hanging out". Went to the game. Boys lost again. The game was a fight fest. Cory was the first. Opposing kid deliberately held Cory down by doing that "police hold where they put your bent arm behind you and jerk it up between your shoulder blades". Cory came up MAD!!! shoved other kid, had to be grabbed and pulled back before he took a swing. Other boys on our team were pissed and started losing it. Assistant Coach Gary was screaming at the boys. Of course, by the end of the game, Gary lost it too. Almost got ejected. One red card during the game. Glad when it was over!!
On the way home then...Nice long talk with Cory, apology for being an ass. Then, Cory locked the keys in the van when we stopped in Blythe to eat. Totally stressing out! A teammate was there too (coincidentally). His mom has AAA. They got a guy out to slimjim me into the van. No cost!!! WHEW!!! Get back on the road. Molly starts puking repeatedly. Screaming. Crying. Finally get into town. Freeway closed for construction. Luckily, got a call from the Giles who were further ahead. We got off the freeway and bypassed all the mess. Got back on the freeway past the mess. Got home. POOPED. Cory was sick the whole time we were in Cali. Still sick today. Me too.
That's all
4 comments:
So glad you guys made it home safely. I got in yesterday at about 1pm (with a quick stop in Barstow and about a 45-min stop in Primm walking around at the outlet mall). Traffic was easy...all the bikes were heading back south into California from the River Run. No accidents anywhere...it was smooooth sailing!
Every time I locked the passenger side door I was a little freaked out that your keys were going to get locked in the van. Glad I didn't and it was Cory instead, LOL!!!
I had a fun time hanging out with you and the Boo. We need to do it again soon!! :)
Hope you guys feel better soon. (Oh, and hope I didn't embarass Cory too much for hugging him in front of all his friends, haha!!)
Oh and by the way...when I got back to the hotel room Saturday night about 12:30am, I did see the guys hanging out in the front lot. I was thinking, wow, they're still up. :)
Your trip home sounds like ours whenever we go somewhere! kids...they make it a TRIP don't they? Glad you guys had a good visit though and that you made it back home:)
How are you doing?? Did you survive??
The trip sounds like fun too!
Post a Comment