Feeling Good
I felt really good today. The weight I have been losing is really starting to show. But more important than looks, I FEEL healthier. My ankles no longer creak and hurt when I walk up the stairs. I have more energy......well now that I have recovered from the flu from Hell (more on that to come). I bought some new clothes, and people at church noticed that I looked better. Compliments are always nice. I need to update my ticker at the bottom of the blog, but I have lost 33 pounds to date!!!!! 43 more to reach my goal. And I am in a really good place emotionally and spiritually, so I KNOW I am going to reach my goal :)
The flu took 10 days to completely run it's course. I went to the doctor and got an inhaler (much needed since I was out and my asthma was bad during this flu). I also got an antibiotic because of my tendency to get bronchitis. I have chronic bronchitis and I have never smoked. Believe it or not, it's all from second-hand smoke. Anyway, my lungs are weak, so we medicated to prevent infection. It was an antibiotic I had never taken before. I had a reaction. My eyes were swollen almost completely shut. Just tiny slits I could barely see out of. My throat started to do the same. I thought it was the new sheets we just bought, however, Benadryl didn't help. Washing them in HOT water didn't help. After 2 days on the meds, I checked the possible reactions. There it was....eye swelling. CRAP!!! So, bacteria be damned...I stopped taking it immediately. There are still a few hives on one eyelid, but I don't look like a freak anymore.
The kids are in school!!!!!!! The first week has passed. It was soooooooooooooooooooo nice to hear the quiet!!!!! This is the best time of the year LOL!!!!!!
Now, Janna tagged me, so here is the A-Z of Me
A - Attached or Single: Attached
B - Best Friend: Real life- Jackie & Online- Janna
C - Cake or Pie: Cake
D- Drink of Choice: Diet Dr. Pepper
E - Essential Item: My computer and all it's accessories
F - Favorite Color: pink
G - Gummi Bears or Worms: sour worms
H - Hometown: Duncan, AZ
I – Indulgence(s): chocolate
J - January or July: January
K - Kids: Cory, Emily, Daisy, Will & Molly
L - Life is incomplete without: family and faith
M - Marriage Date: July 3rd, 1992
N - Number of Siblings: 1 sister
O - Oranges or Apples: Oranges, but I am allergic to the acid in the peels, so Barry has to peel them for me
P - Phobias/Fears: man made heights and old elevators
Q - Favorite Quote: Don't sweat the small stuff
R - Reason to smile: Life is good
S - Season: this changes regularly, but right now, Fall
T- Tag Three: I tag…anyone who hasn't been tagged and wants to play
U - Unknown Fact About Me: I can name all of the kings/queens of England in order
V - Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals: If God didn't want me to eat meat, why did he make it taste so good?????
W - Worst Habit: knuckle popping (and some that are too embarrassing)
X - X-rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds.....I've only had them for babies but that's the best
Y - Your Favorite Foods: I'm dieting, so anything with tons of FAT!!!!
Z- Zodiac: Capricorn with Capricorn rising. I am VERY stubborn
My depression seems to have lifted. This is also a good thing. I am happy today!!! I think I am ready to come out and play again. I think I am ready to start living again :)
3 comments:
Congrats on the weight loss.
Love ya!
did I miss Molly's first birthday??? or when is it???
Read your whole list! So fun to learn more about my buds!
Post a Comment