Monday, August 27, 2007

The Season has Begun

Oh how I love this time of year. Searching for a tiny bit of shade in a retention basin in an effort to escape the 105 degree heat. Shuttling 4 different kids around to 4 different practices, with times that all conflict. Spending my Saturdays out on the field, pulling a wagon loaded with chairs, a cooler, my umbrella, and a baby.

All to watch my kids play soccer. Is it worth it? You'd better believe it.

Cory had his first practice tonight. There are 2 teams in his age group this year (which almost never happens), so instead of getting his coach and team back.......he is playing with an all new group. I met his coach and REALLY like him. There is 1 kid from last years team who is also on the new team, as well as a couple of kids he played with at the high school. He was kind of down on the whole new team thing......until we got there. He slipped his shin guards on, put on his cleats, met with the guys he knew from previous play, and nothing else mattered except the game. He was the first one out on the field warming up. Well, he has actually been playing with friends for the past 3 weeks to warm up. I love the way Cory just comes to life when he is playing soccer. And it has always been this way.

Man!!!! I love this sport!!!!!

I have heard from Will's coach, and am waiting to hear from the girls coaches. Games start on the 8th of September. Ooooooohh!!!!! I just realized that with Emily's move up an age bracket....she may actually have Friday night games. I HOPE so!! I LOVE Friday night games!!!

I didn't realize how much I had missed soccer until I got to practice with Cory. I was just going to drop him off, but when I got there, I had to get out of the van. And then I had to chat up the parents. And then I had to help out with uniform distribution. And then I had to volunteer to be team mom.

Face it. I AM a SOCCER MOM!!!!! And I am proud to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the best kind of soccer mom because you actually LOVE the game! Have a great season!!!

Jo said...

Hey! Since when did Molly have her 1st b-day?? lol I can't believe it! Sorry I've been MIA. Feeling a little better over here too, that's a good thing huh?

Have a great soccer season! Hannah and Joe both are dyin' to play, wow is it expensive though!