Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Final Game and a New Girl

Today, Cory played his very last league game. He will still be eligible next year, but he will be busy with college and work. So, this was it. The end of twelve years of league play. And since he didn't make the high school team (I am still fuming about that. Especially now that I have confirmation from someone "in the know" that the team was picked before tryouts and consisted of club players and children whose parents had contributed money to the soccer program only!) he is going to be soccer-free for awhile. We can't afford tournament season this year, but his coach will likely scholarship him. If that doesn't happen, he will run track. How can the high school track coach turn away someone who runs a 4:26 mile?

Anyway, it was his last game. He really didn't give it his all, but he had a good time. His team lost 1-0. But, no one really seemed too upset. And now I need to organize and end of year party.

Cory also has a new girlfriend. I had only spoken to her on the phone a few times, but she seemed like a wonderful young woman. I got to meet her tonight. I LOVE this girl!!!!! She is GORGEOUS, polite, considerate....you name it! She plays volleyball at her school, so she is an athlete like Cory. It wasn't until they drove off that I thought about taking a picture of them to scrap and share. Next time :)

1 comment:

janna said...

I am so glas yo are finally online again!!!

Congrats to Cory no girl friend and last soccer game!