Sunday, December 09, 2007

Incredible Thrift Store Find

Every once in awhile, you find something at a thriftstore that is unbelievable. Sure, I have found great clothes, furniture, electronics. I haunt the stores regularly and find great stuff. I am not even too proud to admit that I rarely pay more than a dollar per item on my clothing anymore. I have better stuff than I used to for less money by scouring the racks on dollar day.

But this Saturday, Barry found something awesome. It is a Heart Beat Bear and we got it for a buck! We weren't sure what it was when Molly latched onto it, but latch she did. She loves this thing. We took it home and put batteries in it. Out came the same sound that you hear when you are hooked up to the baby monitors during pregnancy. That same woosh woosh that was my frequent companion during my five pregnancies. It is supposed to simulate the sound that babies hear in the womb.

Well, I figured Molly would like the bear, but since she is post womb by 16 months I didn't think the sounds would do much for her. And then, last night....as we began the struggle to get Cranky Molly to sleep, I decided to try the bear. Out she went!!! WOW! Again today, at nap time I turned on the bear. Out she went again. Barry made noise and woke her early from nap. On went the bear and out she went yet again!!!

I call this: Best Child's item found at a thrift store EVER!!!!!

2 comments:

janna said...

How cool!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is fabulous! i love the thrift store. sadly all of my kids clothes lately have come from savers.