Saturday, December 29, 2007

Recovery! Partial Anyway....

So I spent the day working on computer issues. We had sporadic downages (is that a word?) of our internet connection. I assumed it was Cox having issues, until we went down for good. I called Cox, and they had no problems, but couldn't see our modem. I messed with the wires to no avail.....and then....I thought to look at the wall connection. Now that I am downstairs on the desktop, Molly has been playing at my feet. Near the cords. Sure enough.....it was disconnected.

A quick screw-in and Viola! I am internet bound again.

I also worked on the old tower. Not the one that fried....the one that I screwed up a month ago. I have reloaded windows, but apparently my bootleg copy is no good anymore. I can't activate the blasted thing. Oh, well.....that's the cost of not having an "Authentic Copy".....cough cough screw you bill gates cough cough. But, I did manage to get on in safe mode.....

Where almost all of my lost kits were, along with all of my missing pictures from last year. I think that any kits I didn't have on that drive I have backed up to disc...YAYYYYYYYY. I used Barry's external hard drive to move them all. I now have copies on three hard drives and will be backing EVERYTHING up to disc over the next few days.

There are still missing pics from previous years along with heritage pics and layouts from my dead hard drive, but I know that at some point they can be recovered. And in the meantime, I shall download all of my pages (too small to print) from blogger and other places. I will then burn them to a nifty DVD and call it good.....

Because it is good. Yes, I found my gratitude. Shit happens. Get over it and get on with life. I'm going to go scrap a page!

2 comments:

janna said...

Yeah!!! You got some of your pictures!!!

webchyck said...

Well, this is good news for sure. Glad you found some of your stuff!