Techno-Hell, My Home, My Live, My Bullshit!
So, the laptop was dying. We got a desktop computer from friends; one they no longer used. I was in the process of moving my files from my external hard-drive (having been taken from my laptop originally) and putting them on the new desktop. The FU@+inG hard drive died!!!!!! And, idiot that I am, I had already deleted them from the laptop in order to free up that drive for Barry.
I got unscrapped pics and most of my kits off of it. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE IS GONE!!!! My pages for 2005-2007 (I think I have 05 on a DVD...keeping my fingers crossed). All of my heritage pics, kits that start with the letter S (except for a few which I had transferred because they were holiday related.....oh, and I just realized this yesterday when I went to get an element I needed dammit!) I know, that it is likely these can be recovered by an expert. But, dammit!!!! I am tired of this technological bullshit that I have been dealing with for six months. I SWEAR!!!! My end of the school year bonus is going to buy me a new computer. Everything else can just go to Hell, because I am sick of this!!
Can you tell how frustrated I am?
So, let me take this time to express my gratitude for this desktop computer I am on. It's slow, but we can upgrade. Mostly, I am grateful to the Sue and Dennis for letting us have this. Barry was able to remove the monitor screen from his fried laptop and put it on mine, thereby extending the life of it. The screen was ruined by our attempts to fix the broken hinge. I thought it was a goner, which is why I moved everything. I don't know why I deleted, other than I was trying to be proactive and free up space so that Barry could put memory hogging appraisal software on it. I should have waited. I blew it. So, I am grateful for all of the things that work, in spite of me and my actions that aren't so smart sometimes.
I keep reminding myself that I am grateful. I am....I really am....If I say it enough, I will feel it!
3 comments:
I am so sorry Dena! & thankful you have a tower.
Sounds like you could go for a Girls Only Weekend in Vegas. Love youuu!
Oh, I am so feeling your pain. GRRRRR! You SO deserve a brand new computer! I know I can't replace any of your photos or layouts, but if you need links reset from SBG, let me know!
Post a Comment