You Can Go Home.......But it's an Adjustment.
I am back in the city for about 10 days. I returned to pack my furniture and the rest of my things. I'll catch up with blurfing tomorrow, but wanted to post this for now.
It has been WILD returning to my small hometown. The house we are renting (I have pics but forgot to pack my camera cord) is OLD! Which is cool.....it has character and is unique. And in some ways is sooooooo bad. I walked in and almost started crying. The walls are crumbling. There are bugs EVERYWHERE! This house is so old, it doesn't even have septic. It has a FREAKING CESSPOOL!!! And it is small. Very small. Plus, we have pump water and we are fourth in line for the pump. It takes 10 minutes to fill my sink to do dishes. Laundry day is going to be a joke.
But, once I got my things placed in the house, I started to feel better. I also remembered that, in Duncan, things are different. And once I slowed down to the pace of the small town.....once I got over the culture shock, I realized how glad I am to be home. I mean, really glad. I didn't want to leave to return to the city today.
And, today, I faced the biggest hurdle I was dreading. I went to church. Would all of these people remember the wild hellion I was? Would my past return to haunt me? It did not.
When I passed that hurdle, I felt as if I had "really" gone home. Of course, we then got in the van and returned to Mesa......
1 comment:
I would have been a wreck too.
Good luck packing & I hope all is well with Cory.
HUGS
Post a Comment